Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Reason to Smile #19


The Color Green

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Green is my favorite color and when I got dressed this morning, I realized I don't have many green items in my closets (yes, closets). I think I subconsciously avoid green when I shop because I feel like I like everything in green, so I try to change it up with other colors. But I have been avoiding green clothing too much apparently, especially when I need an outfit on St. Patty's Day. So I opted for a green scarf to avoid getting pinched this shamrock holiday.

Anyway, I've got a little Irish in me (my grandma's maiden name was McGinty, so thanks for the genes G Fen!) though I'm mostly Italian. However, I am marrying a redhead (though Shawn defies the rules of the Irish spelling of Sean) and will most likely dress my future children in "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" onesies.

In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, Shawn and I will celebrate his people's holiday with a green beer (or two). I have always found green beer to be very festive! And of course he will earn extra kisses today for being Irish, even though he will not be sporting the cliche t-shirt.

Oh, and if you're wondering who St. Patrick is...Ask Mike....or Google.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...