Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Reason to Smile #21

Simple Accomplishments

Yesterday I ran 6 miles with Kadia, Audra and Andrea per our half marathon training program. In my mind 6 miles was really far! In reality, it is really far, but when you're running with friends, it becomes more enjoyable.

I was so proud of myself for getting through the 6-mile run and still feeling great! I am really surprised at how well my body is responding to the training program, though I have fallen off the wagon a couple weeks.

While running 6 miles may be a simple accomplishment yesterday, running the 13.1 of the Capital City Half Marathon on May 2 will be no easy feat. I am just really happy that I have such great co-workers and friends to push me to cross this item off my Bucket List :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...