Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Reason to Smile #40

2 hours and 7 minutes

After three months of training, I ran the Capital City Half Marathon on May 2. Prior to that morning I was a ball of nerves just praying that I would be able to run the whole race without stopping/feeling like poo/dying.

Well, I made it! It was a great run and I felt pretty good through the majority of the 13.1 miles. I hit the runner's wall about mile 9-9.5 but snapped out of it around mile 11 knowing I only had 2 miles left.

I couldn't have done it without my training partners, Kadia and Audra. I'm so proud of us, ladies!

So will there be a next one? The Columbus Half Marathon is held in October and it's not an unthinkable goal. Stay tuned for that decision...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...