Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reason to Smile #41

Eat. Pray. Love.

H2 inspired me to read Eat. Pray. Love. by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's quite a page-turner and not like any other book I've read...yet. I could go on and on praising this book about self-discovery, but I'll leave it to you to decide whether to read it or not.

In chapter 48 (or the 48 bead...you'll understand when/if you read it), I came across a great quote from Richard from Texas about soul mates:

"...People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that's holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake..."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...