Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Wrote This For You

We've been gone a long time. You don't call me your best friend and I don't call you mine. Once my decision was made, you drove further and further away. It wasn't easy or done maliciously, but you have to understand that wearing a pretty dress won't make you and I "us" again. I know that I have hurt you, but you have hurt me too. I have come to accept this and also forgive you. We can still pick up the pieces, even one by one, because I miss my friend and I won't let a dress stand in our way. And I just want you to know that I still care and I'll still be here when "we" come back someday.


"...the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves." - Walter Anderson

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...