Monday, July 13, 2009

Craving: Rum Runners

I can't believe it took 25 years - well, 4 of my legal drinking years - to finally indulge in this tasty, fruity cocktail. My first introduction with rum runners was at A. Fry's wedding in Fort Lauderdale while floating around the lazy river for hours. The nice waitresses kindly brought us these delicious adult beverages without us ever leaving our inner tubes.

So, in preparation for Wolfpack Weekend (sorry for The Hangover reference, I promise I will stop...eventually. Perhaps when I stop laughing out loud just thinking about the hilarious movie scenes.), which I have so nicknamed our girls' getaway weekend to Put-in-Bay, July 17-19, I have found a recipe for this tasty alcoholic treat. It will be the perfect addition to sunny poolside and hotel room adventures. And perhaps the catalyst for such adventures.

The Recipe:
  • 3/4 ounce(s) Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
  • 1/4 ounce(s) blackberry liqueur
  • 1/4 ounce(s) crème de banana liqueur
  • 2 ounce(s) orange juice
  • 1/2 ounce(s) grenadine
  • 8 ounce(s) crushed ice
Or this recipe:
  • 1 ounce Blackberry Brandy
  • 1 1/2 ounces Coconut Rum
  • 4 ounces Cranberry Juice
  • 4 ounces Orange Juice
  • 4 ounces Pineapple Juice
  • Add ice
There are so many recipes, it's hard to know which to choose. But either of the above recipes, I believe, will be a perfect summertime blend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...