Thursday, July 2, 2009

The First Dance


So Shawn and I are struggling to come up with our first dance song. OK, I'm really the one that's struggling because I think Shawn is pretty much leaving it up to me to decide. I've made some suggestions and his comment was always, "how do you dance to that?"

Here's what I'm thinking. I don't really want anything super sappy or lovey-dovey because that's just not us. When I told Shawn that, his response was, "Isn't that the point of a first dance song?" He has a good point, but I think it's best to stick with a song that really represents us. We are both into chill music like Coldplay, Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson, etc. So I want something modern with a rock ballad-type feel. I think.

Here are some songs I'm considering:
  1. When You Are Near - Carolina Liar (this song is at the top of my list right now. It has the sound I'm going for, and since Shawn just bought me the CL CD, I've been listening to it on repeat trying to imagine dancing to it, and every time I do I get emotional.)
  2. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol (is this too overused?)
  3. Look After You - The Fray (My friend danced to this at her wedding and it was precious. I don't want to copy her, but if the song fits, I just might have to borrow it.)
  4. Better Together - Jack Johnson (too obvious?)
  5. Soon As You Can - Dierks Bentley (Country songs are always a safe bet because they are full of heart-felt, sweet lyrics)
  6. I Need You - Tim McGraw & Faith Hill (A little on the sappy side, but a meaningful song)
There were others on my list, but I can't think of them right now. These are the ones that stick out. I am open to suggestions and want to hear what you think!

2 comments:

Carrie Leanne said...

Stolen by Dashboard Confessional is a great and not too sappy song. But whatever you choose it should be something for you two, not just because it has to be romantic and sappy. Also, Make You Feel My Love by Adele is absolutely AMAZING. I just love love love it.d

cal ;) said...

i LOVE stolen, but i also love better together by jack johnson. i think it really fits you and shawn, personally. however, your description of the carolina liar song makes me want to go download it, so i can give you a better opinion.

go with what feels right for you, and it'll be perfect. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...