Thursday, July 30, 2009

Oh, the things you didn't know!


Emily inspired - well, asked - me to reflect on my quirkiness, which led me to think about all the weird things about me that people may or may not know. I know, it's strange to think that there is something weird/quirky about me, right?

Well, I have compiled a short list of some of the "unique" things about me:
  • I hate blue food/drinks. Blue Gatorade? Forget it. I don't know if I had one too many blue slushies as a kid, but I am repulsed by blue food and drinks, except blue Peeps and M&Ms because I know they don't taste blue. I even struggle with blue gum. I have finally gotten over my blue toothpaste phobia. Shawn likes to take advantage of my blue food phobia and taunt me with his blue Gatorade. I don't know if it's the taste or the way it can turn your mouth a blue hue, but it grosses me out.
  • I have a hole in my left tonsil. It's not as uncommon as you think or dangerous by any means. It's just weird and at times disgusting.
  • I judge people a little by their vanity license plates. If you're going to get a vanity plate, why would you put the name of the car you're driving on it? It's a little redundant. While I aspire to have my own vanity plate on the Mazda3, I do think vanity plates get abused by some drivers.
  • I type out every word in a text. I refuse to text in text lingo because it so often translates into emails and even verbal communication. It takes the same amount of time to say "oh my gosh" as it does "OMG!" And it's not "ur", it's "your". And "your" vs. "you're" is possibly the worst grammar mistake you can make in my book.
  • I am OCD about things being in their place. Ok, so it may not qualify as OCD, but I like things neat and tidy - though that doesn't always happen in our spare bedroom which normally is piled high with disgarded clothing from the week. To me, things have their place and should be in it. I will even line things up and organize desk and counter tops that aren't mine.
  • I obsess over home decor. I have redone our bedroom three times and the spare bedroom four times in the almost two years we have lived in our condo. When home decor is just not right, I can't leave it alone. Shawn always asks when I'm going to move into the spare bedroom since I obsess over it's decor so much. Well, our bedroom is finally to my liking, but I just can't seem to get right vibe in the spare room. I will prevail!
  • I judge books by their cover. Note: the same does not go for people. When I walk through a library or bookstore, I often determine what book to read - if it hasn't been recommended by a friend - based on the cover. The first impression is the most important.
  • I change my clothes alot. There are days I'm late for work just because I can't pick the right outfit. It's sad because I usually just sit in my office all day with little human interaction that would warrant schnazzy duds. But, 9 times out of 10, I'm not going to be satisfied with the first thing I put on. I hate when I envision an outfit and am so dead set on wearing it, and then I put it on and it just isn't what I pictured. Totally bursts my bubble.
  • I could eat Chipotle every day. Seriously, every single day. It's full of calories, fat, sodium, and all the things that love my thighs, but I am addicted.
  • I remember lyrics like it's my job. I have this knack for remembering the lyrics to a song even after hearing it only once. Shawn is often not impressed but rather irritated by this quirk because many times I won't remember what he just said in the car, but I remember the lyrics to the new Taylor Swift song I just heard for the second time in 20 minutes on a particular Columbus radio station. And it kinda bothers me when people sing the wrong lyrics to a song I know. Don't worry, I won't call you out, I'll just stew over it internally until the song ends.
  • I don't like lipstick or lipgloss. And I will only wear Chapstick when absolutely necessary.
  • I'm not a fan of fruity smells. Candles, candy, or perfume that smell uber fruity wrinkle my nose. If it smells like you just ate a whole bag of Jolly Ranchers, ick. Grape and raspberry are the worst.
  • I love dancing in my underwear. If it's the weekend and Shawn isn't around, you better believe I'm cranking up the tunes and dancing around the house as I take an unusually long time to get ready for the day. I feel free and liberated, but I usually like to do it in the company of me, myself and I. We don't judge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...