Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Honor Thy Horoscope

I'm not really a superstitious person, but I must confess that I love reading my daily horoscope on Yahoo! And more often than I'd like to admit, I find myself seriously contemplating the meaning of my zodiac outlook for the day and seeing where it fits in my life at the moment. It's pathetic, I know.

Last night I was complaining to Shawn about all my debt and how I just want it to be paid off. He kept telling me that everyone has debt and it's going to take time to pay it off, no big deal. The thing is, I worry about money (which is the root of all evil. Seriously, think about it.) and having enough to get through each month. Getting paid once a month is cruel and unusual. So, now that the wedding is over, I am sinking more money into my credit cards which should make me feel a little bit better.

So what awaits me today on the horoscope front but this lovely forecast (oh, I'm a Pisces):
Quickie: Time might feel like it's moving slowly, but rest assured things are happening.
Overview: You need to do whatever you can to keep your mind focused - things are pretty crazy right now but if you can just take a deep breath and take care of one thing at a time it should all be just fine.

So let's take a closer look at this, shall we? 'Time might feel like it's moving slowly' aka 'I know you want all this debt to be paid off today, but trust me, when you make those final payments you'll be saying, "Wow, I can't believe it's paid off already!"

'Things are pretty crazy right now' aka 'Your credit card balances are out of control you poor-budgeting spend-aholic!'

'...take a deep breath and take care of one thing at a time' aka 'You don't have enough cash to pay everything off at once, so just pay off one bill at a time. You'll feel better each month you have one less bill to pay.'

How can I argue with that?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...