Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's not Facebook official, but it will do.

It just wouldn't feel right if I didn't blog on this historic date, which will only happen three more times in my lifetime. Yes, the month, day and year are the same: it's 09.09.09. While it doesn't call for Mardi Gras beads and heavy drinking, it's still kinda cool. I can't help but wonder how many people have gotten married today. Even though it's Wednesday. Although it is hump day and it could be justifiably appropriate. I mean 08.08.08 was a big deal in China, I wonder which country has a soft spot for the number 9?

I must say that I loved CF's list of the top 9 things she loves about fall. And I do agree, fall is the best season of the year for many of the reasons she listed and more.

I thought today would be perfect for announcing - to all 4 of my loyal readers - my intent to start my own wedding planning business. There I said it. Out loud, in a blog. Not quite the same credibility as an official Facebook announcement, but I'll get there. No, this is not just another of my crazy, in-the-moment ideas/career plans. This is legit, I promise. I've talked to a couple people in the industry and one who started her own business, reserved several books at the library, ordered a book/CD combo on starting your own wedding planning business (which I got in the mail yesterday!), and I'm planning to attend a couple classes starting later this month to learn from some professionals in the business around Columbus. Like I said, it's legit.

My plan right now it to educate myself and find some people willing to let me test my skills on their big day (for free until I get a couple under my belt, so if you know of anyone in the market for a wedding coordinator, let me know). I hope to start my business by being a day-of coordinator or weekend-of coordinator, then have the ability to do the whole wedding planning process.

Hopefully in the next month or two, I will be able to start executing my plan, marketing myself and gaining some experience. I'm hoping my marketing, communication and organization skills, as well as my perfectionist eye for details will allow me to succeed. Fingers crossed!

Seriously, if you know of anyone who has considered hiring a day of coordinator, weekend coordinator or a wedding planner, but didn't want to pay a lot of money or any money, let me know. I'll take all the experience I can get.

I'm very excited about the possibilities...

2 comments:

cal ;) said...

i am so excited for you! i really think this will be a good opportunity for you to use all of your creativity and crazy organizational skills, too. yay! :)

Wendy768 said...

Congrats! That is awesome and I think you will be excellent at it :) Good Luck! I'll send along any business I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...