Thursday, October 8, 2009

Spinning

I'm just going to come out and say it. I've been a bad blogger. CF, I totally understand where you're coming from.

It's not that my life has been boring lately. Quite the opposite actually. I've just not felt inspired/compelled/motivated to expand on my experiences to you, dear RWS readers. And I owe you an apology, because you're worth it! Please don't feel abandoned. I've logged into my sweet little blog several times thinking I was ready to come back from my brief hiatus, only to realize, I wasn't. But I'm ready now.

So let's catch up, shall we?

Second Job: I've started a part-time stint with Ann Taylor at Easton. I'm poor. That's why I had to get a second job. And I figured if Shawn can work three jobs, I can manage two. Having our original honeymoon canceled due to a hurricane didn't help our finances, or our master plan to use the money from the wedding to pay off credit card bills. But I digress.

New Tires: Just another way I got screwed over in my car purchase. I had to buy 4 new tires for my lovely Mazda 3. That set us back a good chunk of change out of the honeymoon fund.

Old Skool Birthday Slumber Party: In celebration of KTrux's 28th, we gathered at H2's for an old skool sleepover. Brought back some childhood memories. I guess we're never too old for p.j. dance parties, board games and pillow fights.

Bridal Shower #1 for KRuff: Let me just say that Kristen's Aunt Staci knows how to throw parties.

Wedding in VA: The entire Ritter clan traveled to McClean/Vienna, Virginia for Shawn's cousin's wedding. The swordfish at the rehearsal dinner was fabulous!

Bacheloretteness: I am uber excited for KRuff's bachelorette party this weekend! I have been anxiously preparing and working with all of her wonderful friends to make this party happen. Food, games, adult beverages, party bus, dancing. It's going to be a great last fling before her ring on October 31.

Fall/Halloween Decorating: I've yet to dig out our fall/Halloween decorations from the basement closet of doom (I only call it that because it's our only storage closet and it's constantly messy no matter how much we clean/organize it). Again, I'm feeling uninspired/motivated, well that, and the fact that I really don't have the money to indulge on my usual seasonal decor. But CM's blog post today made me yearn for the festive touches of the season in my house. We'll see what I can do with what I've got, and maybe a few new items.

Business Endeavor: I am still on the road to creating a wedding planning business. I got a call from the Small Business Development Center, which offers free business counseling to entrepreneurs in Columbus, to start working with them on my business plan. I've signed up to take a wedding consultant class through the Columbus Bridal Consultants and a free business class through SBDC. I also seem to have settled on a name for my business. I'm keeping it hush hush for a bit though. Still toying with logo ideas and the like.

Upcoming Events: Obvs this weekend is KRuff's bachelorette party. October 17 is bridal shower #2 for KRuff. H2 and JES are hosting their annual birthday/Halloween bash on the 23rd. And the Ruff-Menchen wedding festivities kick off on Friday, Oct. 30!

Oh, now a picture that has nothing to do with my blog post, but I thought it was adorable:

2 comments:

Carrie Leanne said...

Hit up Kroger and Walgreens for inexpensive decorations! Seriously..no one purchase of mine was over like, $3 bucks!

cal ;) said...

i totally miss your blogs, but i'm glad you feel my pain! something must be in the water that's hampering our creativity.

have fun this weekend! drinks soon! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...