Tuesday, March 16, 2010

13.1

I have decided to run the Capital City Half Marathon in Columbus on May 1. This will be my second 13.1-mile race. I ran this race last year with A.Fry and KReid, and we finished in 2 hours and 7 minutes. It was a huge accomplishment for me, even though I felt and walked like an 80-year-old for three days after the race.

That's me in the blue, waving.

We followed this training program last year, and A.Fry and I are using it again this year. We started training later this year, as in last week, but we should be fine. Our favorite place to run is in Sharon Woods in Westerville, and we are up to 4 miles. Yesterday's run, though chilly and windy, felt good and went fairly quickly. We save our long runs for the weekends, so we'll probably get in at least 5 miles this weekend.

Mr. Ritter thinks I'm crazy for wanting to run 13.1 miles, and I'm not going to lie, it's not easy. But it's not as hard as one might think. I do it for me, and the pain of sore knees and hips is worth the personal reward of crossing that finish line (and shedding a few lbs). However, I have no desire to run a full marathon - that would just be insane.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Congrats Holly! I'm running this too - I would recommend us running together but i am the slowest runner on earth (i basically run so slow that I should probably be walking!) good luck with your training

Christina said...

good luck with your training! and the marathon too. i'm doing a 5k tomorrow evening and a 10 in 10 days. woohoo! go us!

Carrie Leanne said...

Good for you! Good luck with your training! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...