Friday, March 26, 2010

How 'bout them Buckeyes?

March Madness 2010 has been just that...madness. Murray State (13) upset Vanderbilt (4) and Ohio University (14) defeated Georgetown (3) in the first round. In the second round, No. 1 seed Kansas lost to the No. 9 seed University of Northern Iowa by 2 points; Cornell (12) bested Wisconsin (4); Washington (11) crushed New Mexico (3); and St. Mary's (10) topped Villanova (2).

It's time for the Sweet 16, and my beloved No. 2 seed Buckeyes are taking on No. 6 Tennessee tonight at 7:07 p.m. (what a dumb time, right?) in St. Louis. Evan Turner has been tearing it up this year. But I have to give a shout out to Jon Diebler, who went to a rival high school of mine.
I'll be working at the bar tonight serving adult beverages to other die-hard Buckeye fans. I love the atmosphere there when everyone is pumped up for the game and the infamous "O-H, I-O!" cheer is constantly being yelled across the bar. Oh man, do I love them Bucks!

Even though I'm working, I'll be sporting my scarlet and gray. Homage is celebrating Ohio State's tournament success with a $16 sale on all their OSU tees (thanks, Cal!). This one is my favorite:
And, like the old saying goes, there is some logic in madness and this kid proves it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...