Tuesday, March 23, 2010

nerd alert

Rainy days always make me want to stay in bed and read. And since Cal inspired me to create my own reading wish list, here are a few books I'm looking forward to reading in the near future:

House Rules by Jodi Picoult (my book club (yes, I'm in a book club and Mr. Ritter calls it "nerd club". reading is sexy.) just decided this is our next book. I'm currently #482 on the list to get it from the Columbus Metro Library)

Chelsea Handler's books: Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, Are you there, Vodka? It's me, Chelsea, and My Horizontal Life

Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love which I adored!)

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov (Cal had it on her list and I love the title, so I must indulge)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larson

Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane

While in Cozumel I picked up one of James Patterson's books, 7th Heaven, which is part of the Women's Murder Club series, and I read the whole thing in a day and a half. I've never read one of his books, but I loved it and I'm sure I'll read more books in this series in the near future.

FYI - my book club just finished reading The House on Tradd Street by Karen White. It was right up my alley; easy read, gripping, ghosts, mystery, a budding romance. I liked it so much I immediately began reading the sequel, The Girl on Legare Street. I'm sure it won't disappoint.

What books are on your to-read list?

1 comment:

cal ;) said...

i love that we have so many of the same books! i also already own chelsea's first two, so if you want to borrow them, feel free.

also, i'm totally interested in your book club. i forgot to mention that last week. i'll fb message you for more details or something. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...