Monday, March 15, 2010

southern comfort

I first heard about the new Southern Flourish magazine, which debuted their Spring 2010 issue over the weekend, on Ruby and then again on Everyday Musings. I've only gotten through the first few spreads, but it is full of southern flair, vibrant colors and news on fashion, home, beauty, travel, etc. It's all interactive, which is great for getting where you want to go quickly throughout the online edition.

While virtually flipping through the pages, I was reminded of one of my favorite southern places to visit: the Charleston Market in Charleston, SC. The Old City Market is a flea/farmers market-style market with local vendors set up through the long, open-air corridors. It's the perfect place for Charleston souvenirs, trinkets, handmade goodies, food and more.

My family has vacationed in Myrtle Beach, SC for years, and we always make a point to travel the 2 hours south to Charleston, where my wonderful Aunt Karla and Uncle Drew live, for an overnight visit and outing to the market. I love leisurely browsing display after display in search of beautiful jewelry and accessories and southern-style decor. It's quite lovely, and I recommend if you ever make it to Charleston, be sure to check it out.

3 comments:

cal ;) said...

ugh, charleston is already on my list of places to go, and now you just made me want to go even more.

p.s. i love every single one of your recent blogs almost as much as i love you, ex-roomie.

Holly said...

Aw, thanks, Cal! Seriously, go to Charleston! Go to Battery Park, see Rainbow Row and visit the market. You will love it all! It's the epitome of a southern city!

Christina said...

charleston is where i live!! where do your aunt & uncle live?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...