Wednesday, April 21, 2010

my brain has a mind of its own

Oh, to be a kid again...

I've been so distracted and lacking motivation lately. My apologies, dear blog readers. Forgive me. All I can seem to think about is redecorating our house and planning a vacation. Both are equally exhilarating at this point.

My plans for redecorating our house include (Mr. Ritter may or may not know about all of these ideas):
  • new flooring in the kitchen and entry way
  • painting the guest bedroom (Mr. Ritter is dreading this one. It will be the third time, so I can't really blame him.)
  • new bedding in the guest bedroom (equally as many changes as the wall color)
  • a photo and mirror collage on the wall above our bed (not like that. Get your minds right.)
  • brightening the decor in the living room
  • new furniture in the living room (something different, something brighter than the camel color our furniture is now)
  • a new table cloth and chair pads for the useless kitchen table. I'd love to get rid of it and replace it with a functional island that has storage and an eating area. Ahhhhh, dreams.
You might think we're crazy for putting so much work into a condo, but it's our home. And it will be for at least the next 2 years. Plus, I look at it this way: All the condos in our neighborhood look the same. These upgrades will help ours stand out and hopefully earn us a return on investment in the future.

I'm exploring vacation options for Mr. Ritter and I's one-year wedding anniversary on August 8. I thought we could save money by driving, so I'm thinking something along the east coast, even Florida. I'm wanting to go somewhere I've never been (vacationing is a relatively new thing for Mr. Ritter, so he's up for anything). So Virginia Beach and Myrtle Beach are out.

Here are some options I've considered (mind you, I don't know much, if anything, about these places):
  • Pensacola Beach, Florida
  • Outer Banks, NC
  • Hilton Head, SC
  • Savannah, GA (the lovely H2 and her beau visited there over spring break with rave reviews)
I am open to suggestions. I would like to go to a beach, within driving distance, on a budget. Ready...go!

Where is your favorite vacation spot?

3 comments:

Piper said...

Outer Banks!! That place is gorgeous and it is really cheap in August into September.

cal ;) said...

i've heard amazing things about the outer banks, and you know my feelings about savannah...it's amazing! :)

Lindsey said...

i am always up for redecorating [ono a budget of course!] let me know if you ever want to go to homegoods [i could probably go daily!] or anywhere else for that matter

and let me know about the couch - i would totally buy it off of you if it fits in the basement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...