Tuesday, August 10, 2010

detox week: day 2

{photo via visitshoremagazine.com}

I have survived the first day of detox week. Overall, it was a good start. I was hungry more often throughout the day, but the combination of lots of water and healthy snacks kept me satisfied between meals. And even though I drank more water, I didn't feel bloated. Although, I did pee more than a pregnant chick.

What I ate:
  • Upon waking: 1 glass of water with half a lemon squeezed into it
  • Breakfast: 2 glasses of water and an apple
  • Mid-morning snack: carrots with hummus dip
  • Lunch: grilled chicken breast and steamed veggies (zuchini, red peppers and squash) and three glasses of water with lemon
  • Mid-afternoon snack/dinner: salad with veggies (carrots, red, green and yellow peppers), a diced hard boiled egg, and balsamic vinaigrette. Oh, a coupe handfuls of blueberries. And a glass of water
  • Mid-evening snack: blueberries with three glasses of water
  • Two hours before bed: small bowl of applesauce
Activity:
  • 30 minutes of kickboxing
This morning, I stepped on the scale after using the restroom and prior to eating or drinking anything (probably the best time to weigh yourself, in my opinion, to start the day off on a good note). I weighed 123.4 lbs. Now, I should note that my 127 lb. starting weight was taken on Sunday morning after I had consumed copious amounts of adult beverages and fatty foods over the weekend. But nonetheless, nearly 4 lbs in a couple days isn't too shabby.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...