Wednesday, August 11, 2010

detox week: day 3

{photo via kindsgymohio.com}

Eating healthy takes conscious effort. I realized yesterday how much my daily diet focuses on carbs, and not eating carbs this week has been a challenge. The even bigger challenge is finding healthy foods on a restaurant menu. A.Fry and I went out to lunch the past two days - Max and Erma's and Pei Wei. After a little perusing, I did find some healthy options on both establishments' menus.

At Max and Erma's, I got the grilled chicken sandwich, and I took the bread off. I also substituted the french fries for steamed veggies. At Pei Wei, I ordered vegetables and tofu with steamed brown rice. Surprisingly, both meals were delicious.

So here is my break down from yesterday:

What I ate:
  • Upon waking: 1 glass of water with half a lemon squeezed into it
  • Breakfast: 2 glasses of water and Greek yogurt
  • Mid-morning snack: carrots with hummus dip
  • Lunch: vegetables and tofu with steamed brown rice, edamame, and 3 glasses of water with lemon
  • Mid-afternoon snack: glass of water and blueberries
  • Dinner: spaghetti squash and steamed veggies (green, red and yellow peppers, onions, broccoli and cauliflower) and, of course, more water
Activity:
  • 30 minutes of weight training (upper body)
  • 20 minutes of cardio (elliptical)
  • 30-40 minutes of yoga
This morning I weighed 122.8 lbs.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...