Thursday, August 12, 2010

detox week: day 4

{photo via howtoloseweightfastest.com}

Yesterday, was a weird day in terms of detox. I didn't stray from the plan, but, I think, the whole day was thrown off by my morning routine. Instead of waiting to take my multivitamin later in the day, I popped it first thing with my glass of water with lemon. Minutes later I felt a wave of nausea. I ran back down to read the vitamin label and, of course, it said take with food. So I tried to stomach some blueberries, and when that didn't work, I had a small bowl of applesauce. I felt much better after eating. Throughout the day, I was hungry randomly and sometimes I had an upset stomach after eating. I couldn't get the balance right, but I persevered.

So here's the break down from yesterday:

What I ate:
  • Upon waking: glass of water with lemon
  • Breakfast: applesauce and Greek yogurt
  • Lunch: Salad with veggies (onions, red, yellow and green peppers, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots) and a hard boiled egg with balsamic vinaigrette
  • Mid-afternoon snack: blueberries
  • Mid-evening snack: applesauce and Greek yogurt (I had class so I didn't have time to prepare dinner)
  • After-class snack: sliced almonds
I gave myself the day off from physical activity. Wednesdays are typically rest days on the class schedule at my gym. My muscles were sore from the previous day's workout, so I drank lots of water to help repair the muscle tissue. Don't worry, I was back in the gym bright and early this morning, but I'll tell you about that tomorrow.

This morning I weighed 122.2 lbs.

P.S. Today's my 200th post. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Christina said...

good for you for doing a detox. i've never done it. i think i'd freak out. can't wait to see how you do! :) good luck love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...