Friday, August 13, 2010

detox week: day 5

{photo via blogs.monografias.com}

While detox week has been challenging in itself, yesterday was particularly challenging because we had a potluck lunch/going-away party for a coworker who is leaving. Not wanting to be the weird girl who brings her own food to social functions, I decided to test myself to see if I could control my eating and choose wisely at the luncheon. I think I did pretty well (see below), but you can be the judge.

Another reason that made yesterday challenging is the fact that I am getting tired of eating the same foods. I realize that I typically tend to drift toward familiar foods (I blame this on my past bouts of IBS), but this is literally the same foods in a different order each day. I'm sure if I was better at planning meals, I could have come up with more variety.

Still, after the luncheon yesterday, I realized that I do have some will power and can learn to eat healthy no matter where I am. It's all about moderation. I'm confident that I can master conscious eating after my detox is done. And it all ends tomorrow.

Here's the break down from yesterday:

What I ate:
  • After morning workout: Lots of water
  • Breakfast: Water and Greek yogurt
  • Lunch: Sloppy Joe sandwich on whole grain bun with small amount of sloppy, a small salad, guacamole dip, bean, red pepper and corn salsa dip, and fruit. Water to drink.
  • Mid-afternoon snack: Applesauce
  • Dinner: Brown rice with green, red and yellow peppers and, of course, water.
Activity:
  • 40 minutes of cardio/pilates/exotic cabaret (think lots of squats!)
I got up at 5:50 a.m. to be at the gym for class at 6:15 a.m. This class was tough, but I realized that morning workouts can be so refreshing. I was sweating like a pig, but I felt great afterward and for the rest of the day. I think I'm going to incorporate more morning workouts into my routine; not every morning, maybe just once or twice a week.

This morning I weighed 122.2 lbs.

1 comment:

Emily said...

For a few months I was waking up early to walk Grady and then one or two days a week would go to the gym for a morning aerobics class. Well they changed the instructor at the Y (who I loved) and when the snow and ice came, I quit walking Grady and never got back into it.

I really loved the way it felt to get a brisk walk in or a good workout before the day had started but now I can't stop snoozing the alarm! How do you do it?!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...