Monday, August 16, 2010

detox week recap

{photo via treehugger.com}

My week of detox is over. It officially ended Friday night. Here is a quick break down of Friday:

What I ate:
  • Breakfast: yogurt and water
  • Lunch: half a turkey burger and steamed broccoli with 2 glasses of water
  • Mid-afternoon snack: I think I ate something but I can't remember
  • Dinner: about half of my capellini pomodoro at Olive Garden and half a bread stick (Mr. Ritter twisted my arm HARD to go to OG on Friday night)
Activities:
  • about 20 minutes of upper body weight training
  • 30 minutes on the stationary bike
On Saturday morning, I weighed 122.8 lbs.

Overall, this detox week was challenging. I realized how much my diet revolves around carbs. I love bread - any bread. And cheese. Mmmmm, cheese. What I also realized was how much I eat. This week re-emphasized the fact that moderation is key. I'm a fast eater and don't realize how full I am until I'm too full and so bloated I look like I'm 4 months pregnant. This week I didn't feel this way at all. I felt great. I was able to find healthier alternatives on restaurant menus and moderate my eating by eating 5 or 6 times a day.

My plan is to continue to eat plenty of fruits and veggies, while still enjoying my carbs, in moderation of course. I also plan to control how quickly and how much I'm eating in one sitting. This week also helped jump start my work outs back into my normal routine. I look forward to working out and I am definitely keeping this up. This week I am already planning my work outs each day.

I did this detox for me. Some people may look at me and say, 'you're already thin, you don't need to work out or watch what you eat.' But the truth is working out and eating healthy makes me feel good physically and mentally. When I feel toned and strong, I am confident in my skin. And that's what it's all about.

1 comment:

Christina said...

my diet revolves around carbs too! i looooooooove bread, pasta, oatmeal, all of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...