Friday, October 1, 2010

octoween

{via}

October is the perfect fall month. And just as October has now snuck up on me, so will Halloween, and I've yet to prepare the Ritter household with seasonal/holiday decor. This weekend, I hope to find time to get some decorating accomplished as I've been inundated with ideas the last two weeks. This undoubtedly means trips to Old Time Pottery and Target!

I plan to follow Lindsay's instructions to create my own Halloween wreath. Here are some other ideas I've come across:


{via}

I also plan to have a pumpkin carving party, even if it's just me and Mr. Ritter, using tips from Miss C.S. This year, I want to try roasting the pumpkin seeds (is it weird that I've never done that?).

I've also been thinking about what I want to be for Halloween. Rather than spend a bunch of money on a costume I will most likely only wear once, I try to get creative by using clothes I already own, so I only have to purchase a few items to complete the look. Last year I was a pirate, using items I already owned - white tank, black gaucho pants, a scarf around the waist, a bandana and excessive bling. The year before that I was a flapper, again using all my own items except for making a feathered headpiece - black tiered dress, black pumps, and an extra long string of pearls.

At the end of the month, I am hosting our book club meeting and, after coming across a festive article in my Women's Health magazine, I plan to use that time to double as a creepy cocktail party. I am already collecting drink and food recipes, like Lindsay's super cute candy corn cupcakes. Any recipes you want to throw my way would be lovely. Just leave a comment!

I hope to be able to post some pics of my fall/Halloween decorations next week (but please don't hold your breath, I'm a busy woman so I can't make any promises).

Happy weekend, lovies!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

thank you for the shout outs! you are the best :)

let me know if you want to get together to carve pumpkins.. we normally do it with stace and ryan - but seeing how were not going to boston this year - i think we will be on our own - unless you want to do it together! let us know! were always down to make some pumpkin seeds afterwards too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...