Monday, November 22, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge: Day 1

I have decided to participate in my first blog challenge (you can link up here). I realize it's a Christmas challenge that starts before Thanksgiving, but there's nothing wrong with getting into the holiday spirit a little early. Mr. Ritter and I plan to put our tree up on Friday anyway, so there's that.




Day 1: Christmas/Holiday Traditions

I have to admit, I'm not a big traditions person. I admire those of you who can keep traditions for years and years and years, but I am just not into it. My family doesn't do anything out of the ordinary for the holidays. Christmas Eve, my family gets dressed up and heads to 10 p.m. mass. Before heading out the door (usually as Mom starts to get frustrated because we're running late and not going to have a seat), my sisters and I take an annual in front of the fire place photos.

{some are silly}

 {some are normal. yes, we color coordinated one year.}

And on the way to church, my sisters and I have a photo shoot in the car.

{more silliness}

On Christmas morning, my sisters and I (and now Mr. Ritter and Matt too) get up earlier than we'd probably like to see what Santa brought us. We sit in front of the tree as Mom (with the camera) and Dad (with a trash bag) pass out our gifts one-by-one. We enjoy throwing the balled up shreds of wrapping paper at Dad. After we're finished, then it's time to give Mom and Dad their gifts, which is equally as fun as opening our own gifts. Then we shower and head out by noon to Dad's side, then Mom's side at 4 p.m.

This year, I have a feeling we'll be deviating from our typical Christmas schedule. But change is good and I'm still as excited for the holidays as I am every year.

1 comment:

Kit said...

I love the color coordinating. My mom does the same thing too....she thinks we are not going to have a seat but everyday we seem to get there just in time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...