Tuesday, November 23, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge: Day 2

Day 2: Black Friday/General Shopping Tips and Tricks





Those of you who know me well know I like to shop. And I'm a sucker for a good deal. Here are a few tips for Black Friday shopping and every day retail therapy.

Black Friday:
  1. Have a plan and a list. Plan which stores you're going to and the order you're going to hit them up. I'd suggest hitting the stores with the big ticket items you want first. And make a list of items you definitely want for a more successful and efficient shopping trip.
  2. Check out all the ads the night before and know where to go for the best deals on the items you want.
  3. Take a shopping partner - one to stand in line and one to make a mad dash through the store to get what you want.
  4. Eat a hearty bowl of patience for breakfast. You'll certainly need it when you're fighting the crowds of crazed shoppers.
  5. Get an early start. 
General Retail Therapy:
  1. Don't set a time limit. Go shopping on a day when you have no other plans, so you don't feel rushed. I can spend hours in one store (usually 2 hours is my limit), because I'm thorough in my search for good deals. I hate to waste money on clothes I won't wear, so it's imperative that I am absolutely sure I will wear each item I purchase. Hence the need to take my time, and literally spend an entire day shopping.
  2. Try everything on. There is no better way to judge fit and style than to put the items on. So get in that dressing room and have a mini fashion show with your sexy self.
  3. Set a spending limit. Shopping is fun. Buyers remorse is not. I like to shop at the end of the month when all of my bills have been paid, because then I know how much money is really in my bank account.
  4. Shop solo. I have found shopping is more enjoyable when I am not on anyone else's schedule. I have the freedom to browse in one store for as long as I like, and to make as many trips to the dressing room as I deem necessary.
  5. Be in the mood to shop. If not, you'll walk around aimlessly and waste time that you could be spending crossing items off your to-do list.
Click here to link up with Aly and Molly's 12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge!

    6 comments:

    Kit said...

    Love the tips...Thanks for sharing!

    cal ;) said...

    love this...you make me want to start blogging again, haha. :)

    Holly said...

    Kit - you're welcome! Glad you liked them :)

    Cal - please start blogging again. I miss your posts.

    Molly said...

    Love these tips, esp all the ones about black friday shopping. I feel like everyone hates black friday shopping after reading all the links today, ha! I'm a HUGE fan of bf shopping :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    Mrs. D said...

    I am totally with you on shopping alone (not on Black Friday, of course!), I always feel rushed when shopping with friends! Great tips!

    Anonymous said...

    [p]Choose some other European beads to create your own lovely jewelry pieces . stores single gross sales organizations and shops have been in many nations in quick succession . Seek out experts [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links of london[/url] to assist you attain the purpose . The genuine branded Pandora jewelry [url=http://www.thomassabojewellerysuk.co.uk]thomas sabo jewellery sale[/url] is very expensive . And these jewelries [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links of london charms wholesale
    [/url] will let you become much glamorous . Pandora jewelry is the hottest fashion accessory [url=http://www.thomassabojewellerysuk.co.uk]thomas sabo jewellery uk
    [/url] trend . It could [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links of london charms[/url] possibly be represented by genuine product of . Can also be used decontamination powder, toothpaste or tooth powder smear for polishing.[/p][p]There are only few retailers who [url=http://www.thomassabojewellerysuk.co.uk]thomas sabo sale[/url] are authorized to deal with authentic Pandora Jewelry . Pandora beads

    There are many people who sell fake Pandora jewelry online and it is quite hard to tell whether you are buying the real stuff or the fake one . Thomas Sabo Charms篓Ca new market thomas sabo online shop was during the beginning set up in Germany as well as Thomas Sabo class Club selection is now identified throughout the world . They use these jewelry beads to create meaningful charm bracelets or other jewelry pieces that reflect individual style or commemorate momentous life moments . Therefore, you may need to look at other factors [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]wholesale links of london[/url] as well in order to identify the genuine ones . pandora jewelry sites: lovebeadsworld . Are you thinking of buying Pandora jewelry online? If you are, then it is important for you to be aware of sellers who are out there to mislead you into buying fake Pandora jewelry.[/p]

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...