Monday, November 29, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge: Day 3-7

I apologize for slacking on this blog challenge, but I was a little under the weather and busy with the holiday. Now, I'm feeling better and ready to tackle the remaining five days and catch up on days 3-7 (I'll be brief).





Day 3: Most meaningful/best gift(s) you've ever received

I will just warn you now, I have a terrible memory. So it's not that I was ungrateful for any gift I ever received on Christmas morning, it's just that I simply can't remember or I disassociation what gifts I got for which holiday/birthday. Here are a few gifts that come to mind:
  • A bike (don't remember if that was a Christmas or birthday gift). It was white with a purple seat and purple handles. 
  • Roller skates. There is a picture of us holding stuffed animals that were wearing said roller skates. 
  • NKOTB sleeping bags and pjs.
  • A My Little Ponies static sticker scene set. I remember playing with this for hours, especially before Mom and Dad hauled us off to church on Sunday mornings.
  • A Northface jacket from Mr. Ritter that I still wear. You couldn't find the mint greenish/light turquoise color anywhere, but he found it. He's such a savvy shopper.
  • One year, a family friend dressed up like Santa and came to our house. My sister and I were so excited. There is a video of us singing "Jingle Bells" with him in our cute little kid voices.
  • Victoria's Secret goodies. Every year my mom puts together a package of Victoria's Secret undies and bras for me and my sisters. It's become a "thing." I look forward to it every year.
 {via}
    Day 4: Tips/tricks to a budget-friendly holiday season
    • Make a list and stick to it. This makes shopping more efficient and affordable.
    • Check the sales ads weekly to see if any of the items on your list are on sale.
    • Set a spending limit. This year I hope to get Christmas done in $300!
    • Buy gift wrap, bows, tags, boxes, etc. at the dollar store.
    Day 5: Favorite holiday movie/TV show special
     {via}
    In no particular order:
    • The Grinch
    • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
    • Elf
    • Home Alone
    • A Charlie Brown Christmas
    • The Santa Clause
    {via}

    Day 6: Gift ideas

    This weekend, I made my Christmas lists for Mom, Mr. Ritter, and my MIL. Every year I struggle to come up with enough ideas (except for my mom, I always have plenty of ideas to give to her). Here are a few items topping my list:





    Day 7: Holiday craft/DIY

    You can't go wrong with pre-lit garland and candles. Mr. Ritter and I started our holiday decorating last night and I hope to finish tonight or in the next couple of days. The tree is up, the stocking are hung along the stairs (we don't have a fireplace...sad face), and we busted out all our penguins! Now, Aly has inspired me with her DIY mantle.


    We don't have a mantle, but I would love to create something like this above our white kitchen cabinets. I love having so many Christmas lights in the house that we don't even need to use our lamps or overhead lights at night! (Photos of our Christmas decorations coming soon!)

    2 comments:

    Kit said...

    I love your Christmas list! I loved Aly's mantle too! I created my own!!!! :)

    Courtney said...

    I love the watch you posted! I am a new follower, your blog is so cute!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...