Monday, November 1, 2010

sweet november

This morning, there was frost on my car and I turned the calendar page, which means it's officially November. November reminds me that the pending winter will be here soon, along with a trifecta of amazing holidays. Can you believe in just two months we will be making lists of New Year's resolutions?  I have decided not to wait. There is something utterly refreshing about a new month starting on a Monday, and I am taking advantage of it. Here is a list of resolutions I'm starting now (in no particular order, except for the first one - keeping reading):
  • Plan more husband and wife time
  • Get back into a regular workout routine
  • Make time for me
  • Utilize better time management
  • Clean more
  • Visit my family more often
  • Create a better work/life balance
  • Accept that I can't do everything and will have to say "no" sometimes
  • Take the dogs to the dog park
  • Call my grandparents
  • Start a house fund
{via}
Ultimately, my resolutions come down to one thing: making time. If my husband, family and friends had to describe me in one word, I think that word would be BUSY. It's time to change my MO. Talking to my Grandma Fenner last week reminded me that life is indeed too short to not make time for the people who matter. I have never been one to sit still (for very long anyway), and I am constantly on the go - at cheer practice, in class, at an after-work meeting, dinner with a friend, etc. While I often enjoy keeping a somewhat chaotic schedule, I don't enjoy neglecting the most important thing in my life: Mr. Ritter.

I have the BEST husband in the world. He cleans, cooks, takes care of the dogs, works two jobs and is patient with me and my schedule. But sometimes, and rightfully so, my being gone more than I'm at home takes it's toll on him. And though he probably won't believe me when I say this, but I'll say it anyway, this is going to change.

Starting now.

And a here's a peek at my Halloween weekend:




2 comments:

Emily said...

I have almost all of the same resolutions!!!

BookLover said...

What an excellent entry and very motivating. You make me want to start my list now too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...