Friday, December 10, 2010

i was never good with surprises

Last week, Mr. Ritter sent me an email about a Fathead wall sticker that was half price. "It's a Christmas miracle" were his exact words. It was Peyton Hillis of the Cleveland Browns. He told everyone about it. So Saturday morning, I got up before him and ordered it online. It arrived sooner than expected (kudos Fathead), and despite my attempt to keep this present a surprise, the box came EXTREMELY well labeled with a Fathead logo on every side. No surprise Christmas present for Mr. Ritter. He called me and said, "So, one of your packages arrived today." Me: "Which one?" Him: "Well, it's pretty obvious it's for me. It's labelled on every side of the box." Me: "Damnit! I wanted that to be a surprise."


Mr. Ritter was so excited, just like a kid on Christmas morning. He put it up in the "man cave" (aka our basement) immediately. It's HUGE! Now NFL Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays are just that much more exciting for him.

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

OMG - is it bad that i'm sooo jealous! i would love peyton running towards me every time i went into my man cave!

Mateya said...

Haha that thing looks like it is busting out of the wall!

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh, that thing is huge! I had no idea they were that big. (And if you're reading this without a reference, my comment sounds kinda dirty haha)

Ms. Emily Ann said...

Haha, that is too funny!! Although I am a Bengals fan, I definitely appreciate someone who is this much of a die-hard fan!

Holly said...

It is pretty awesome, I must admit. And yes, it's enormous! It's like 6.5 feet tall or something like that (I don't even know Peyton Hillis is that tall in real life), and it came with a bunch of extra Browns wall stickers. Kinda worth the $50. Shawn is such a die-hard fan! And jealous of Peyton's muscles. Haha!

Brittany said...

Sweeet! Hubs wanted one of these last year for Lebraun. Good thing we didn't get one!

Mama Dew said...

holy guacamole it's like he's running through the room! too cool!

Kimmie said...

Delurking--I LOVE the Fathead! Your husband is lucky! ;)

Steph S. said...

awww - so sweet of you to try and surprise him!
At least he totally completely loves it :) It's great that you went ahead and let him have it - now he can enjoy it while there's still plenty of NFL season left :)

Emily said...

Are you married to my husbands clone? Seriously. They are like two peas in a pod and they don't even know each other!!! Awesome gift - nice work, Holly!!!

cal ;) said...

shawnie WOULD ask for that! hahaha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...