Friday, January 28, 2011

peachy sequins

My blog friend Xtina recently bought this peach (yes, peach even though it looks pink) sequin skirt from Forever 21 and asked me to put together a few outfits for her. I think I went a little overboard, but I just kept coming up with ways to pair this skirt with casual and work wear (and I have more, but I had to stop at some point). So here are a few ideas:

1. Keep it classy. Wear it to work or a fancy dinner/event.
Sequin Skirt: Dressed Up

While white, black, and gray are pretty standard go-to colors for formal outfits, add some color using jewel tones and shades of green in your jewelry. Even throw on a pair of black tights for special effect.

2. Sequin skirt meets white t-shirt.
Sequin Skirt: White T-Shirt

A white t-shirt is a great blank canvas with which to start building an outfit. Layer the t-shirt with jackets, cardigans, or vests in a variety of colors (even try a colored jacket or cardi in olive green or purple). Also, seize the opportunity to mix in color with your shoes or a scarf. And don't hesitate to add a pair of leggings.

3. Sequin skirt for every day and every season.
Sequin Skirt: Every Day

Have fun with it. Pair this sequin skirt with stripes, embellishments, and graphics. Gold and silver. Tuck the tops in or just let them hang free. The outfit combos are seemingly endless with this skirt. I can't wait to see how Xtina decides to wear her new skirt!

4 comments:

Christina said...

i just saw this and i AM IN LOVE! with the ideas and you. haha. i am so excited to make outfits!! thank you thank you! you are the best!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I left an award for you over at my place!

www.mrandmrseyecansee.blogspot.com

Heather Nabers said...

Is there any way you could give me a helping hand with a fashion dilemma? I live in Sperry's and jeans, but I bought a pair of cowboy boots last year and have never worn them! Gorgeous, expensive boots still in the box. And I have no clue where to start. Everything I try looks slutty or makes me look way too country!

cal ;) said...

love this outfit and that xtina asked you for help! someday soon we are going shopping so you can style me.

p.s. missed you at theta events the last two weekends...i even had your necklaces with me!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...