Friday, February 25, 2011

happy {i hope this freakin' snow melts} weekend

I'm so over winter and this latest snowfall has me thinking that damn groundhog's prediction of an early spring was wrong. Bad groundhog. I'm hoping this weekend will get me out of this winter funk.

I'd like to think that my weekend started yesterday, minus having to work today, of course. My lady friends and I headed out to support puppies, well the Franklin County Dog Shelter, at the Shadowbox Cabaret, a non-profit theatre troupe that self-produces shows which are funny, raunchy, and highly entertaining. The actors are also singers, musicians, and servers; they're multi-talented and amazing. The show was called The Naked Truth, and we had such a great time, we bought tickets last night to see their production of Rent on March 6. We also got free tickets to their Friday Lunchbox show, which we plan to see on my birthday (March 18).

Tonight, Mr. Ritter and I have a date. Dinner and a movie, and a little wine because I said so. He's not feeling all that well (I hope I don't catch it!), but he's a trooper and is still up for some husband-wife QT. I.love.him.

Tomorrow night, I will reunite with my sorority sisters at the Theta Nu alumnae mixer, then we're headed out to celebrate the birth of my grandlittle (if you don't know how sorority families work, you won't learn it here. It can get complicated). In preparation for Saturday night, I revisited my old Theta Nu photo albums on Facebook:

My "immediate" family and I at Homecoming 2010

Alumnae mixer 2009

Alumnae mixer 2008

My one and only little (2005)

Allie (my college roommate) and I at Senior Rec 2006 sporting some sweet hats.

Looking forward to seeing these hoochies/hussies/broads.

I'll also be fitting in some workouts and running, which I'm actually looking forward to. This week has been quite busy, so my half marathon training has taken a back seat. Sunday is reserved for homework. It's almost the end of the quarter, and I'm writing papers like they're going out of style. Two more weeks!

Be sure to tune in next week as I begin my 30 for 30 Remix - 30 items from my closet to make 30 outfits for 30 days.

Happy weekend, luvies!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Can't wait for the 30 for 30 Remix!!! Have a great weekend!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

ooooh can't wait for 30 x 30!

Brittany said...

Wahoo! I have with your sisters!! (No, worries, I get the sorority thing!)

Lilac Haven said...

I'll be anxious to see your 30 for 30. I don't even know if I have enough stuff to make 30. Maybe I will get some ideas. I could use some help...LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...