Thursday, March 17, 2011

30 for 30: happy st. patrick's day





Happy St. Patrick's Day! Today is the day when suddenly everyone is Irish or of Irish decent. My grandma is Irish, for reals. Her maiden name was McGinty. I would not lie to you. So, I specifically put this sweater ($9 at F21) in my remix for this holiday. Did you wear green today? I remember getting pinched once in elementary school, and I never forgot to wear my green on St. Patty's Day again. Ironically, green is my favorite color. And I married a redhead. Me = winning. You know what would be funny? If just once Mr. Ritter would dress up like a leprechaun for his people's holiday:

 
See?! Hilarious!

Though he's not a huge fan of this holiday (weirdo), I made sure he didn't leave the house this morning without wearing something green. He wore a green shirt. The whole thing was green. I was so proud. I can't wait to see how many friends he makes at the bar tonight just because he has red hair. Those Irishmen have all the luck (I mean, he did marry me, right?).

To celebrate my birth (March 18, woot!), Audra hosted a Chipotle party for me and nine other people (it was free!) at lunch today. And she got me a cookie cake. It was a jolly good time.


I hope your SPD was filled with all things green (especially green beer), good luck, Irish kisses, and rainbows. Where da gol' dat?! I want the gold!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

OMIGOD, the chipotle and cookie cake looks soooooooo delicious!! Your SPD getup looks adorable :-)

runningonwords said...

Awesome birthday party! I wish your husband would dress as a leprechaun. I was kind of sad that I didn't see anyone walking around Columbus in crazy outfits yesterday.

jessica said...

can you mail me a piece of that cookie cake?? haha

thanks for joining the swap!! hope your having a great bday weekend!!

Michelle said...

I love that F21 sweater!!! That is such a pretty color on you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...