Tuesday, March 29, 2011

30 for 30: shine


Yesterday, I came home after work and class to a package from Ashley at The Shine Project. My SHINE necklace had been delivered! I was so excited. I tore open the package and tried it on for size. Perfect. I stumbled upon Ashley's blog about a month ago, and she's such an inspiring woman. The Shine Project is about bringing light to those who need hope in their lives, as well as feeling good about yourself in order to shine your positive energy onto everyone else. Each week, Ashley does a weekly SHINE challenge, which give her readers a positive goal to work toward every day. I bought a SHINE necklace to remind myself to always be confident and positive, and to help others feel good about themselves so that they can shine too. And because the proceeds go to The Shine Project scholarship fund for inner city school students to go to college.




{buy your SHINE necklace here}

Go ahead. Let the world see you shine. Check out Ashley's blog and The Shine Project, and get your own SHINE necklace! Let's all do our part to bring something positive into this world.

Oops, almost forgot to tell you what I'm thankful for today. Today, I'm thankful for my running buddies, Audra and Kristen. Without these two ladies, I wouldn't be able to make it through miles and miles of training for the half marathon in May. Especially, since we were hoping to be running in warmer temps this time of year. Their friendship and motivation have kept me warm on our long runs after work each week. Thanks, friends. 

10 comments:

Mary/"Special K" said...

Cute necklace with a great story! Thanks for sharing!

Candace said...

I got mine yesterday too! I'm so proud to wear it. Definitely a great purchase. The shine project is awesome!

Audra said...

I'm thankful for you too friend! we can do this!!!

Sandy a la Mode said...

awww love your leopard flats, too cute! i have a pair too!! and i love the idea of a shine necklace!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

totally buying one of those necklaces!

Miss Chelsea said...

I always sneak tshirts into my outfit... I'm not sure my company finds it "business casual" but hey, whatev!

Stephanie the PW said...

Love that necklace! I will check out her blog for sure! And the Ohio tee... too cute! :D

Anonymous said...

Discounted outdoor wear and equipment products are [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#2151]www.northfacedenalijacket.org[/URL] your own house to enjoy at a North Deal with outlet. Amazing deals on quality excellent [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#2151]www.northfacedenalijacket.org[/URL] , fleece, safety gloves, tents and other stuff are available everyday for shoppers to look at advantage of.

Anonymous said...

8nFzz ghd hair
gKig cheap uggs
rKjl michael kors sale
1wZzj GHD
4aCak burberry sale
4pMlk bottes ugg pas cher
7fHid ghd nz sale
0wErr louis vuitton bags
1bQne michael kors sale
2tGng ghd sale uk
8fAmo ugg boots
5xXpr discount nfl jerseys
9dNgy michael kors
5uGrt Lisseur GHD
1gRvv ugg boots sale

Anonymous said...

aOdj cheap ghd
pSqs cheap uggs
zFro michael kors bags
1kKiw GHD Hair Straightener
2nOuf burberry purses
4gQyv ugg pas cher
5lLdt ghd
6cLxp louis vuitton shoes
5wTqe Michael Kors
0uEtq cheapest ghd
8vBvm ugg boots sale
0dMhm nfl jerseys
2yXcb michael kors outlet online
5eGwg GHD Pas Cher
2vBol ugg boots

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...