Wednesday, May 18, 2011

my best friend's birthday


Happy birthday to my amazing, fabulous, beautiful best friend K.Ruff.


I'm sure each and every one of you has a best friend that you consider to be your other half. That's Kristen to me. We met in college, but I don't remember how or when we became so close. My best guess is from hanging out at our boyfriends' (now husbands) house, since the boys lived together every year of college. They are besties too. This is both a coincidence and a convenience.


Kristen is a charming, stubborn, no nonsense kinda gal. She's cried, laughed, and vented with me. She's my shopping buddy, my therapist, my running partner, my partner in crime. She has dumped countless shots down my throat (seriously, she'll do this), then held my hair later. She's an amazing hostess, wife, dog mommy, housekeeper, dancer (this girl can shake it!),  and most of all friend. She's one of the most emotional (she cries a lot - over just about anything. It's just her thing.), compassionate, and considerate people I know.


She helps ground me and keep me sane.
I remind her to not sweat the small stuff.


We've been through so much together, and I look forward to everything that lies ahead for each of us. 
I'm so blessed to have her in my life.


I can't wait to celebrate your birthday this weekend!
I love you whole bunches!

5 comments:

Miss Chelsea said...

I love your pink dress in that first picture!!

Mateya said...

So sweet....I have a friend just like this! :) Can't imagine my life without her.

P.S. how awesome to have hubbies that are BFF's too!

Lyryn said...

You guys are soooo pretty!!!!

Kristen said...

Aww, thank you! You are pretty amazing yourself, Bestie!

Love you <3

cal ;) said...

this is so sweet!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...