Friday, June 10, 2011

fashion fridays: to the max



Today, I will no longer be a Fashion Friday virgin. Link up with Kori @ Blonde Episodes.

Yesterday, I saw a girl wearing a super simple, yet summer chic outfit. And it's perfect for my vacation. Exhibit A:

Jet Set Maxi


Take a simple black maxi dress and add some bright and neutral hues. Easy peasy. Some maxis tend to look like potato sacks, so add a belt to create shape.

Now, I am craving some maxi dresses in my life. I have plans to hit up Old Navy, Target and Forever 21 after work, in search of the perfect black maxi dress to take on vacation with me.

Quick advice solicitation. I'm a Shorty McShorterton. 5'4". A pretty average female height, I'd say. Does a maxi just call attention to my short stature, or does adding a wedge sandal help balance out the length of the dress and my shortness?

Though I'm asking your opinion, because I trust you won't lie to me (we're friends, right?), I'm still probably going to rock the maxi this summer. I think you should too. Simple summer staple. End of story.

5 comments:

Mateya said...

I'm 5'4" also and usually the Maxi doesn't work for me but I have found a couple that I do like. You just have to try them out. I do think that no matter what black is a great choice (always sliming!) :)

Kori Donahue said...

Love the Maxi's! Thanks for linking up today honey...hope you can check out my post and comment! Have a great weekend! Kori xoxo

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Girl, I'd LOVE to be your height! I'm almost 5'2" and I just long to be a few inches taller lol.

I think maxi dresses are flattering on everyone - no matter their height or shape.

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Visiting from Blonde Episodes...

Love this combo. The green earrings are so cool.

Daphne.
http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Love this look so much! IDK how I missed your blog before, but I'm here now! so cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...