Thursday, June 2, 2011

it's just hair

I would always say: "It's just hair. It will grow back." But then, during my senior year of college, I did this:

{it took my since senior year of high school to get my hair this long!}


Clearly, I was happy about the transformation at the time. I mean look at the before picture again. Nersty! The no makeup didn't help, but my hair wasn't doing me any favors either. For awhile, I played up this short, sassy 'do. I let it grow about another inch, and then I had another bright idea to cut my hair even shorter. I can't bear to post any pics of this 'do. I had super short side bangs and used a round brush on it, which didn't do the cut any justice. I looked like I was 12.


Above is a photo from my cousin's wedding the summer after I graduated college. My hair was growing back out a little, but I still don't think it was working for me. It didn't help that I gained about 15 pounds after college either, which made my face round. The short hair just wasn't doing it for me. So I let it grow for the next four years.

{2008}

{2009}

{2010}

And then I randomly cut bangs during this past winter. I enjoyed this new look for awhile, but knew that I didn't want bangs from the summer. Humidity in Ohio + sweaty bangs stuck to forehead = hot mess.


And here is how long my hair has gotten over the last 4-5 years. I'm happy with the progress, but it was a long one. I like my hair long. Don't argue with me :)


I've decided that I most likely always need some sort of side bangs or bangs, but I've always wanted to grow my bangs out to be the length of my hair. But, again, this is a long process. My hair grows so slow! Do you have that problem? 

Now, I need some cute updos for the summer to help keep me cool. Any suggestions? 

9 comments:

Lauren said...

I love to pin my hair back and leave the bangs out - but I always keep a bobby pin handy for when it gets hot!

PsyDet said...

I like to french braid the front part of my hair then pile the rest up into a messy bun! Side ponytails are also cute too.

Mateya said...

I love your straight across bangs...so cute!

jessica said...

i'm the same... i always go back and forth about cutting mine... but i'm too chicken... i can't do it! lol

Brittany said...

I'm letting my hair grow out for Locks of Love and I feel like it's taking FOREVER!! I'm growing it out longer than needed so it's not super short when I cut it. I'm sad to let it all go, but I know it's for the best! :) And it's always a goal I've had. I definitely like your hair longer, but it's cute short too!

Jessica said...

I did just about the same exact thing! well minus the bangs. You can just do more with long hair than short hair. I have so much more fun with updos in long hair!

Ashley said...

I have been doing the side pony and side braid a lot lately... sometimes it is just too hot to blow dry and straighten! :)

Selby said...

I have the same "side bang" issue. I, too, have to have them. I think I look better with them, but they are SOOO annoying to me! I just have to deal with it! Since you're hair is long you should try a nice little curly side do! :)

cal ;) said...

i loved your short hair. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...