Wednesday, July 27, 2011

yours for the taking

Some hood-rat(s) gave Mr. Ritter a surprising birthday present last night. They broke into his car - without damaging it, and hubs says he locked it. And because he doesn't clean out his vehicle, the thief hit the jackpot, taking Mr. Ritter's golf clubs and laptop that were in the trunk and an iPod docking station. And for good measure - two winning lottery tickets worth $4. Lame. So, a grand total of over $1,000 worth of loot.

The only thing I've ever stolen was a stuffed lamb from daycare, which I took back the next day. So I pretty much just borrowed it for the night. I was 3 or 4. Cut me some slack, it was an awesome stuffed lamb. This was when Lamb Chop was gaining popularity for goodness sakes.

Today, I believe the only things worth stealing are:

Kisses 



Hearts



The Covers

{via}

10 comments:

Ashley said...

o man! what a bummer! that sucks! hope he gets reimbursed for some of the stuff!

Audra said...

That is so sad!!!! I think Jon would die without his golf clubs. Poor hubs!

annahita said...

that sucks! sorry to hear that and I hope you get the reimbursement ASAP from insurance!

Nicole said...

umm that puppy is probably the 2nd cutest puppy ever (besides my puppy who is #1)

:)

Katie said...

Oh wow this sucks! I know this situation far too well with my husband..he has gotten a laptop stolen out of his car and also $1,000 stolen from him (not out of his car) NOT fun times. I do appreciate your sense of humor though while reading :) hehe goood luck!!!

Jenna said...

Ugh- I am so sorry to hear this! :/ I had my laptop stolen from my dorm room my freshman year of college (and only the second day I was there- welcome to the real world!). Being stolen from (especially such valuable things as were taken from your husband) just feels so violating!

jessica said...

ugh! that's horrible! i know the feeling though, my car was broken into and they got away with a new gps and my change cup! still makes me mad just thinking about it....

cal ;) said...

so this sucks a lot and i feel bad for shawn, but you turned it into a really cute post!

Neely said...

UGHHHHH!

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

If this ever happened to me, I'm not sure what my reaction would be... vomiting in the parking lot, maybe? Wow... so sorry about your luck! Hopefully things get replaced quickly.

I may or may not have stole a pack of bubble gum from a little gas station across from my house when I was a little kid.... haha (actually, now that I'm thinking about it, it was a pack of big league chew bubble gum!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...