Friday, August 5, 2011

is this real life?

This time last week, I was drinking in a pool bar on Put-in-Bay with my Woo Girls (yes, my group of friends has a nickname. We stick to it. There is much wooing on the island.).

I am convinced that Put-in-Bay is not real life. Step foot on the island and you realize that most people there have thrown caution and inhibition to the wind. Everyone is just there to have a good time...and drink. Well, at least all the cool people, like me and my friends.

For the past five years, I have ventured to PIB with various groups of lady friends. Every year brings with it new experiences and sights. Each year has been magical. This year was no exception. See for yourself:


$30 in singles. To my knowledge, there's no strip club on the island.


At our first bar, we met Guy Fieri. Not really, but you did a double take, didn't you? This guy and his wife were awesome and invited us to come out on their boat. We didn't take them up on the offer. Epic fail.


These mojitos were strong and gave me magic powers.


You're not cool unless you wear aviators. Just saying.


We made new friends. With pretty much every happy, semi-normal looking, drunk person we saw. This guy's girlfriend gave him permission to buy me a drink because I wasn't white trash or skanky. I took that as a compliment.


I stayed at the pool on Saturday from 10:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. Yes, that is a self-induced sunburn. Isn't Katie's face priceless. It was booze-induced.


I don't think any of us paid for a shot all weekend. I think it was because we have great personalities.


See all these people. I bet they all peed in the pool.


Katie tried to bum a lighter off this guy. He didn't have one.


She always tries to pinch people's nipples. Silly, girl. This guy and his friends came to the pool dressed as famous wrestlers, like Macho Man and the Hulk. Oh, and one guy was randomly MC Hammer. Then they came to the pool again and out to the bars, dressed in different colored Superfan suits, like those Green Men from the Canucks games. Hilarious.

So, who's coming with us next year?

Happy Friday, luvies.

4 comments:

annahita said...

I want to go there. Now! I'm calling dibs on coming next year....

Ashley said...

looks like so much fun! :) love put-in-bay ... I havent been this year but want to go and make it up to cedar point too :)

Miss Chelsea said...

I'm still laughing at the "See all these people? I bet they pee'd in the pool" comment!!

That looks like so much fun!

Blogger said...

I have just downloaded iStripper, and now I enjoy having the hottest virtual strippers on my taskbar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...