Tuesday, October 11, 2011

how i'm getting my groove back

Motivation. It's hard to find and easy to lose.



A few weeks ago, one of my cheerleaders asked to see my stomach. I quickly declined. She said, "I bet you have a six pack." I laughed. Not anymore I don't. I told her that if I had a six pack by the end of basketball season, then I would show her my stomach. She probably doesn't remember this conversation, but I do. And it sparked my motivation to get my ass back in shape.

I have been slacking, for months, on my workouts. It's so much easier to come home after a long day and plop my booty on the couch rather than heading to the gym. However, I have done workouts with my cheerleaders, and pretty much the only reason I make them do workouts is to do them myself. It's a win-win - but mostly for me.

But I am making a conscious effort to reclaim my work out motivation. I want my toned, strong body back. The one I had when I got married. The one I had on my honeymoon. The one that makes me feel beautiful.



My goal is to lose 10 pounds and run the Cap City half marathon in Columbus in May 2012.

And I'm doing it for me. But I'm telling all of you, so that you can keep me honest.



I admit, I have no real plan on how this is going to happen, but running will inevitably be involved. Who wants to be my running buddy? And some weight training. I really do love pumping some iron and feeling buff - but not the can't-put-your-arms-down-to-your-sides buff. Just strong and toned with a hint of I-can-kick-your-ass...haha!



And it's not a workout unless you sweat. Sweat is fat and negative toxins leaving the body. Feels so good just to let it drip off your body. Yep, now that's a good workout.



So, with you all as witnesses, I am jumping back on this workout train. I'm getting my [workout] groove back. Sometimes the motivation we need is in between our ears. You have to want it. For no one else but you. For no other reason but that it makes you happy, it makes you feel better about yourself.

If you have any words of encouragement or workouts to suggest, please leave a comment or email me! It's greatly appreciated! Thanks, luvies!

16 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm right there with you lady! Time to get my butt in gear! :)

Design Apprentice said...

Super impressed by your motivation, I'm right there with you. I haven't even had the motivation to blog which requires just couch time. I'm positive you can do it, good luck girly!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

loved this! i've finally gotten into a consistent running groove the past couple months but i'm not training for a half marathon. I can be your virtual running partner at least at the beginning! before you get to the super long runs :) i'm a good motivator! i can tell you've been on pinterest because i've been looking at all of these pics all week. the one about still looking pretty is one of my favs!

Miss Chelsea said...

You sorta made ME feel motivated after reading this post!

Ashley said...

I need to hop on this same train ... I need to get back in the "groove" too!

I am going to try to wake up in the mornings and work out ... I dunno though because I love my sleep too much :(

Audra said...

Can't wait to start running again with you! And are you still using the My Fitness Pal app? That always seems to work. I pre-downloaded it in anticipation of losing the mommy weight :)

lori said...

me too, girl! i need to get back on a workout routine desperately!

Nikki said...

Holly I love this post haha

Brandon and I have been doing P90X for just a little over a week now and I already feel better about myself. It's a slow process but you have to start somewhere!

I was thinking about running the Cap City too! I might even go down to the Columbus 1/2 this Sunday and cheer people on to remind myself how fun the 2 I already did were.

Use the saying on my Nike t-shirt: "The only way to finish is to start"

You can do it!! -Nikki

KT said...

I'm headed to Austin in February w/ a girlfriend for a half. If I can get my mojo there I will be your running pal.

krys said...

try crossfit!

Mateya said...

Go you! That is awesome! We all lose our motivation at times.

Jenny said...

Love that you're going to train for the Cap City Half next year! Good luck w/ your running & workouts...can't wait to hopefully read about them.

Miss C.S. said...

Holly,
I'm right there with ya! I need to get back into shape! Anytime you want to do morning workouts let me know!!!

cal ;) said...

good luck! i hate running, but i'd do a workout class of some type with you b/c i need to stop being a lazy butt too, haha.

Alicia Carlson said...

I totally want to run that! I was thinking about signing up. I'm only doing the half though!! We should totally do it together. My ass needs to get in gear.

Anonymous said...

I'm not able to view this website properly on chrome I believe there's
a downside

Also visit my web site; tips to get pregnant

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...