Monday, October 24, 2011

make it my own monday

Pinterest is the shiz. Truth.

If you follow me on Pinterest (if not, you can! See my new, little icons to the right?!), you know my Style board is packed with bajillions (OK, I may be exaggerating a tad, but not by much) of outfit inspiration. So rather than just stare at these pretty little pins, Chelsea @ Hello Miss Chelsea and I have decided to challenge each other each week to recreate one outfit that we've pinned (and we pin a lot of the same outfits - what great minds, and style, we have!). It helps us to remix clothes we already have in new ways.

This week's challenge outfit was (drum roll please)...



I have created a similar look before with a blue gingham shirt, so this time I went with this:



shirt: old navy (old)
button down: old navy
jeggings: american eagle
boots: old navy
belt: forever 21
necklace: premier
watch: kohl's

I have been jonesin' to wear this button down since I bought it a week or so ago. I knew it would be perfect for this first outfit challenge. I decided to add the yellow belt for a pop of color to stand out against all the black and gray. I struggled with wanting to put on black boots, but I opted for the gray ones instead just to switch things up (I'm getting crazy now!).

Head on over to Chelsea's blog to see her version (prepare for hotness!)! And be sure to come back each Monday to see what our weekly challenge outfit was and how we made it our own!

Happy Monday and closet shopping, love bugs!

Photobucket

15 comments:

Miss Chelsea said...

I love how you dressed your version up! This is fun... I like our challenge =) Have you looked at the girls' blog that this inspiration outfit came from? She has a bunch of really cute work approp outfits too!

EZsx5 said...

Cute idea ladies!!!! Both outfits look great!

Holly said...

Cute outfit! I love the pop of the yellow belt :)

-Holly @ Eight Six Eleven

Shannon Dew said...

oh my gosh I just love this!!!! see i see things and think i have to do it EXACTLY like the pic but you do a great job at adding your own spin!

Miss Chelsea said...

heh I just noticed that we both knotted our belts! I buy them long now on purpose just so I can do that!

Carolyn said...

This is so cute! I love this idea! I need to go hunt down some outfit inspirations now! :)

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

what a fun challenge!

undomestic chica said...

Love this idea! I repinned that same outfit after Chelsea.

Katie said...

I like this idea! we should do a link up or something with this :) I almost bought a old navy blouse like that but it was black..it was super soft.

jen @ one curly fry said...

I love that button down! Nice outfit!

the girl in the red shoes said...

You look so cute! I love it!

Molly said...

I LOOOOOOVE how your outfit turned out, so cute! The yellow belt is such a great pop of color. You look fab, girl ;)

Lindsey said...

Love your outfits!!
I'm addicted to Pinterest.... Props to you for doing something you pinned :)

Erin said...

Love, love, love the outfit. The yellow belt is perfect with it. Total cuteness you are.

cal ;) said...

i love the gray boots so much!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...