Tuesday, November 29, 2011

favorites: holiday gift + holiday tradition

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge


I almost forgot! 

I blame the rain for taking the holiday spirit out of me yesterday!

I always enjoy a good ol' blog challenge because A) it provide blog topics for at least a week, sometimes two, thus saving me from actually thinking of a topic myself; and B) you get to learn interesting facts about your bloggy friends. Who doesn't love that?!

So I'm linking up with Neely and Amber for their fab holiday blog challenge.

Day 1: Fav Gift Received EVER

I've probably said this before, but I have a terrible memory. 
Sometimes painfully bad, like when I'm try SO hard to remember something that I give myself a headache.

Plus, it's hard to choose my most favorite gift ever. My parents were good to my sisters and I growing up. We weren't wealthy by any means -I'd say lower to mid middle class - so it made me appreciate everything that much more. 

Here are a few things I remember getting for Christmas over the years:
  • A Sega gaming system - my sister and I would play Street Fighter all day! Tomboys much?!
  • Barbie mobile home and corvettes
  • American Eagle clothes when it was "expensive" back in the day
  • Tickets to see a Cavs game with the fam
  • Mark Price jerseys - my sister and I really were tomboys. Oy!
Every year for as long as I've been wearing VS undies, my mom has put together a VS package full of undies and bras. I look forward to it every year! I love seeing the designs and styles she picked out. Now, that's love.
Speaking of VS, I just have to make a quick plug about the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show tonight at 10 p.m.! I am so excited. I look forward to it every year!


All I want for Christmas is a pair of wings and Miranda Kerr's/Alessandra Ambrosio's/Adriana Lima's/Marisa Miller's body. Please and thank you.

Now THAT would be the best Christmas gift EVER.

Day 2: Fav Holiday Tradition (new or old)

My favorite holiday tradition is waking up at my parent's house and sitting together in front of the tree, opening gifts, laughing, and throwing wrapping paper balls at my dad. 

I also love when it's time to give my parents their gifts. They always go overboard on gifts for us, so it's nice to repay them.

This tradition never gets old.

My sisters and I had a holiday tradition of our own for several years growing up together. We'd all sleep in the same room, then sneak down to the tree before my parents woke up and go through the gifts trying to guess what each of us had gotten. Sadly, we've out grown this, but this may be the year to reinstate it. If we can all spare our valuable, much needed beauty sleep...

Photobucket

7 comments:

Shannon Dew said...

Last year was the first year I haven't stayed the night at my parent's house on xmas eve...time to start a new tradish I suppose. Oh and the VS fashion show is on TONIGHT!!!!

krys said...

my brother and i used to sneak downstairs to look at gifts..then sneak back upstairs and pretend to sleep. haha.

Nikki said...

I remember when American Eagle clothes were "expensive" and I had to go to EastLAND mall to get it haha

So because I love you, I gave you a little blog award today ;) Check it out, yo!

http://raindropsonwednesday.blogspot.com/2011/11/liebster-award.html

Katie said...

this has nothing to do with this post but I can't wait to finally meet you sat! whoop whoop! :)

oh and I liked the post too!

TaraR said...

I'm with you I wouldn't be able to pin point just one gift, because each year brings something special!

I DO however look forward to stocking full of VS undies as well, for as long as I can remember thats always been a tradition too! And I love sitting around the Christmas tree on Christmas morning. This year we're mixing things up & spending Christmas on a cruise so that tradition might be a little off.

Love your blog & I'm your newest follower :)
Tara
http://abrewofblessings.blogspot.com/

Fash Boulevard said...

haha. I totally agree. I've be doing crunches since the show aired four hours ago. lol. totally inspired. thanks for sharing, love. If you get a second I'd love to hear what you think of my latest outfit. I shot it in front of Dee's house from Clueless. I'm sorta obsessed. lol. xo

http://fashboulevard.blogspot.com/

Miss Chelsea said...

I loved reading about your traditions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...