Thursday, November 10, 2011

ho ho ho and a bottle of rum

Santa can wait but the bottle of rum might be a must at the end of this week!

I missed you all for two whole days! What did I miss?! I have so much catching up to do. It's amazing what happens in blogland in 48 hours.

Though I missed the Oh How Pinteresting link up yesterday, I wanted to share a few holiday decorating ideas I've found on Pinterest this week.

I know, I know. It's not even Thanksgiving. I am all about taking the year one holiday at a time, but it's not too early to starting thinking about how you're going to decorate for Christmas, especially if there are DIYs involved. And there are in my case. At least that's my goal.

Shawn and I have talked about not putting up a tree this year {gasp!} because the only place to put it in our wittle condo is the space in front of the thermostat, which means when the tree is on, the heat doesn't kick on because of the heat from the lights on the tree. This a terrible problem to have, I know (sacrasm).

So I need ways to make our home holiday happy without a tree unless we find another acceptable place to house said tree in our place.

Here are few holiday decorating ideas that are catching my wittle eye right now that may or may not be showing in mi casa in time for Santy Claus this year:



Who doesn't need an ornament wreath?!



I would just have to make sure these ornament hung high enough so that dogs and cat couldn't attack them in the windows. But this might be a must in my house this year.



I don't have a chandelier, and this might be tacky hanging from our living room fan. But if you are lucky enough to have a chandelier, you MUST do this!! For me. Pretty puhleeeaaaassseee!



Aren't these colors gorgeous?!



Already have a bowl on my table calling their name.



Isn't this neat?! Now, my bar counter will stay clear this holiday season.



So how about a ho ho ho holiday craft day, ladies? With rum?

What ideas do you have up your sleeves for holiday decorating?

Photobucket

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love all these! :)

Nikki said...

I love that ornament wreath!

Brandon and I decided not to put up a tree this year either, so you're not alone. Our cats climb it and make a huge mess, plus we're not even wrapping gifts (we picked out our own stuff this year) so there's nothing to put under a tree anyway haha

If you make these things, take pictures!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Love it. I must start making Christmas decorations.!

~Katie said...

I love all of these - especially the ornament wreath! May have to try that one.

Michelle said...

Love some of these DIY ideas! It's offical you've inspired me to become crafty! :) Hope you have a great rest of your week!

xJosiax said...

I love the floating candles with the baubles...I think I might have a pinterest craft inspired christmas table this year.
Thanks for the share!

Amanda (Sweet Tea Paperie) said...

Oooh! This makes me excited to decorate for the holidays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...