Monday, November 7, 2011

make it my own monday + something you don't want to miss

Happy Monday, cats and kittens!

Since Chelsea and I started our Make It My Own Monday outfit challenge, I actually look forward to this usually dreaded day of the week.

I was so excited when Chelsea picked out this outfit for our challenge last week! It was one of the very first outfits I had pinned on Pinterest, and I was pumped to actually recreate it after so many months of it sitting idly on my Style board.



Plus, it also gave me an excuse to finally wear a blazer that's been collecting dust - literally - in my closet since last winter. Seriously, I could have been in that Jay-Z video brushing actual dirt off my shoulders.

So you may have caught a sneak peek my outfit at The Limited party last week:




Blazer: Old Navy
T-shirt: JC Penney
Jeggings: American Eagle
Scarf: Kohl's
Boots: Madden Girl via DSW

Yes, I went with the jeggings again because my favorite pair of black leggings were in the laundry. Fail.

Do you remember when it was cool to have a bow on your shirt (I think T Swifty made it popular)? Well, I've had this t-shirt since then and have never worn it. But it was the perfect length to stick out below my blazer. I knew I kept it for a reason. Winning.

Be sure to check out Chelsea's MiMO outfit. She looked adorable as always!

Now, here's what you don't want to miss!

Since Chelsea and I started this MiMO challenge, we've gotten great reviews from many of you. So we thought we'd give you the opportunity to play along! We invite you to join us and link up for MiMO Monday on Nov. 14!

All you have to do is recreate the outfit below sometime this week, snap a few pics of yourself wearing it and link up with us next Monday to show us how you made it your own!

This week's challenge outfit:


Happy stylin' and profilin', lady bugs!

P.S. Don't forget about my $50 giftcard to The Limited giveaway! Comment on this post for your chance to win! Giveaway ends Thursday, Nov. 10 at midnight EST! Good luck!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Katie said...

cute!! I will try and remember and link up girl!

Carolyn said...

Love the outfit! :)

Sandy a la Mode said...

great outfits i'm seeing here!!

Shannon Dew said...

Oh I love this! And your top is JCP, really? too cute!!!!

Miss Chelsea said...

Ooh I love that you wore it with jeans... for some reason I NEVER wear my blazer with jeans, weird huh?! Clearly I need to start!

Mallory said...

I'm just as bad about the blazer collecting dust in my closet! Cute outfit to put yours to good use:)

lori said...

love the outfit! yours is great!!

thatShortchick said...

love the whole look! I'm on the hunt for some great-fitting jeggings...due to the height, I may end up at GapKids.

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

Great outfit!! It's a good thing that you dusted off the blazer because it's super cute!

City Girl Chicago said...

this is such a fun way to get inspiration to dress ~ and you look great!

Michelle (michabella) said...

LOVE that shirt and scarf!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...