Monday, November 14, 2011

make it my own monday

I get out of bed on Monday mornings solely to write this post.

Well, that and to go to work to make the bacon to support my Hollywood lifestyle (sarcasm). Le sigh.

Last week, Chelsea and I challenged ourselves - and YOU! - to recreate this outfit, which was a great work-appropriate style:


And that's exactly wear I wore it. To work on Friday.

I only waited til the last day of the work week because I was too lazy to shave my legs any other day. I think I mentioned my love of procrastination before, yes?

So I was forced to shave my legs the last day of the work week in order to wear this:


It's so hard to smile normal in the morning, before 7 a.m. My smile muscles are not awake yet.
Cardigan: Old Navy
Shirt: Old Navy (it's red, though it appears coral)
Skirt: New York & Co
Necklace: Barberry & Lace
Shoes: Madden Girl via DSW

I really liked this outfit and it was a great change of pace from my usual pant/shirt combo. I forgot I had this skirt in my closet and was happy to bust it out for this special MiMO occasion.

As promised, Chelsea and I are hosting a MiMO link up this week, so hopefully some of you participated this past week! I can't wait to see how your MiMO outfit turned out!



And here is this week's outfit:



A little 70's inspiration, eh? 

I love how fun and bright it is! 

Recreate it sometime this week and come back next Monday to link up with Chelsea and I for MiMO Mondays!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

Love it!!!! <3

Miss Chelsea said...

haha! Next weeks outfit that I picked out is like the exact shirt you are wearing in this one!

Kelly said...

CUTE! I totally could have played along with you two this weekend... looks like my normal attire :-) Love next week's outfit too. Chelsea's right-- the top in the photo looks like the one you wore with this week's outfit. Happy Monday!

daphne {flip flops and pearls} said...

You did a great job & look precious!!!
Happy Monday:)
Daph

Mallory said...

Adorable! & I love DSW! They always have such cute choices:)

the girl in the red shoes said...

LOVE your outfit! I might have to link up next week!

JRuud said...

So cute. Loving that outfit!!!! Love your blog :)

Sandy a la Mode said...

this is SUCH a cute and fun idea! i will have to join in sometime!!

Neely said...

I love it! You are so cute!

Nikki said...

If I owned cute clothes like yours I would totally link up on Mondays. Sadly, I do not. Which is why I have to raid your closet. Copying is the highest form of flattery, right? haha See you Sat!

Anna & Kirby said...

This sounds fun! I might have to join this week :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...