Monday, November 21, 2011

make it my own monday

It's Monday of a super short week in the office (at least for me)! Woo to the Hoo!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. They go too quickly, don't they?

Last night, after having friends over for the Browns game, I tried to do some homework, but I kept dozing off. It was actually painful to stay awake. Has that ever happened to you? So I feel asleep around 6 and got up a little after 9 to get ready for bed, then I was in bed by 9:30. Totally lame, but totally needed.

So, Monday. Make It My Own Monday, at that. With Miss Chelsea and I. It's time to reveal those outfits!

This was last week's challenge outfit:
When I started thinking of how I'd make this outfit my own, my first instinct was to wear the red shirt I'd worn during the previous week's MiMO. I actually had it on, but wasn't feeling it by itself, so I opted for a different button down. And while I commented on the flirty, funness (it's my blog and I can make up words if I want to) and color of the above outfit, I ironically chose a slight lack of color for my MiMO outfit.

This is what I came up with:



I wore this on Friday night to have dinner at the Melting Pot (my first time!) and see Breaking Dawn (which I loved - except I thought the part where the wolves were talking was strange. I promise that doesn't spoil anything. Did anyone else think that was awkward?) with two of my best girls. It's our tradition to see these movies together. We even had Team Edward shirts for New Moon, which have now found their way into landfills. Weird.

Anywhoodle.

If any of you participated in our MiMO challenge last week (and we hope you did!), you can link up below!


There was a bit of a poor showing during last week's link up, but we're not ready to give up on it just yet! So play along, ladies! We promise it's fun!

For this week, Chelsea and I are challenging you - and ourselves - to make this outfit your own:

Source: tumblr.com via Holly on Pinterest

It should be comfy and cute enough to wear to a Thanksgiving celebration!

I may or may not be opting for black legging with this one for added comfort and eating room. Just saying.

Can't wait to see what ya'll come up with!

Happy Monday, love bugs!

P.S. Head on over to the beautiful Katie's blog and enter her KEP Design giveaway!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Neely said...

You look fantastic!

Carolyn said...

I'm totally doing this. :) I even made a draft in my blogger so I don't forget! hahahahaha

Katie said...

you look adorable! I love that button down. I need a new area to take pics in my house so I can take clearer ones and good oufit pics. I wear outfits like next weeks inspiration daily so it shouldn't be hard for me to link up!

the girl in the red shoes said...

You look adorable as always! I promise I will link up next week! And yes, I thought the wolves talking was SO weird too....if my husband would have been with me he would have rolled his eyes big time!

Miss Chelsea said...

Sorry I sucked BIG TIME this week hah. Promise I won't forget this week!!

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

I love your take on it, very cute!! I'm going to give this a try this week. I love the outfit you picked out.

sarah said...

i totally will not forget to try this outfit this week!!! love what you did :)

Alana Christine said...

I have my post drafted and ready to link up on Monday! I'm excited!

http://lanachristine.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...