Wednesday, November 23, 2011

a pinteresting thanksgiving + a story

Happy Thanksgiving Eve, lady bugs!
I cannot tell you how excited I am for two days (yes, two!) of eating delicious food - my family tomorrow and Shawn's family on Friday.

Bring on the stretchy pants!

It's sad, but I have to admit that I am thankful for Pinterest, and all the brilliant ideas it possesses that distract me for hours and drive my husband cray-cray. I don't which part I'm more thankful for...hehe.

Once again, I'm linking up with Michelle for Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday - this time Thanksgiving style!

Reason #827 why I want a house (as opposed to our small condo) is so Shawn and I can throw classy adult parties and host holiday dinners for which I can set our future dining room table as such:


Love the orange and gray.


A rustic Thanksgiving. Gorgeous. I'm a sucker for exposed brick.


I love the idea of using burlap as a table cloth.


A classy Thanksgiving.
Loving the bronze, silver and white pumpkins and gourds.


The green apples really stand out. Pretty.
But where do they put all the food?


I had to.


A sexy Thanksgiving.
The candles and lanterns make is feel so simple, cozy and chic.

Do you make your table fancy for Thanksgiving?

My family is not fancy in the least. We're lucky just to have a table cloth on the table. My mom did tell me she bought a new table cloth this year. So there's that. We're all about the important stuff - food...and family time. But one day I will have a fancy table, gosh darn it!

I hope you all have a wonderful Turkey Day!
Eat lots, watch football and take a nap. You've earned it. Or at least I'm guessing you did.
And good luck to those of you hosting family and friends and cooking.

Tomorrow I plan to post about all the things I'm thankful for this year.

P.S. If you follow me on le Twit, then you already know, but I am just so excited, so I have to share again.

Christmas came early in the Ritter household!

Yesterday, I came home from work and Shawn asked me what my plans were for the night. I said "nothing," which is actually slightly unusual for me. He said he brought home (I assumed from work) something that he thought would keep me occupied for the night and told me to check his bookbag. I pulled out an iPad and was like, "OMG, you brought home an iPad from work?!" (mind you, I didn't pay attention to the fact that it was completely sealed in the package). He said "Uh, no, it's yours." I nearly cried. My very own iPad and a keyboard, which doubles as a protective case while toting the iPad around.

I am one lucky lady.

He definitely moved up to the top of the "thankful for" list ;)

Gosh, I love him.

*le sigh*

P.S.S. Don't forget to wear your MiMO outfit, if you haven't already, and link up with Chelsea and I on Monday!

Photobucket

5 comments:

The City Boy said...

i dont think our table would have room to be fancy because its so full with food! haha

dont you love the ipad?!? I got one a about a month ago and take it everywhere

The City Boy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The City Boy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blane181 said...

I am such a sucker for tablescapes but could never get over the fact that such pretty tables make for extra work when you have to remove it all for the food. Nevertheless, I LOVE them and love all of these beautiful tables!

Jessie said...

Your outfit for thanksgiving was SUPER adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...