Tuesday, November 1, 2011

pants party




Today I'm linking up with Shawn and IA for Talk to Us Tuesday. So can we please talk about this festive, colorful pants phenomenon?! 

They say every 20 years the style comes back, and I'm pretty sure I rocked some colorful skinnies back in the early 90s. No, there will be no pictures of my atrocious, seven-year-old style. Consider it an early Christmas gift from me to you.

 So about these pants.

I've been pinning some cute, party pants outfits:









I have yet to actually take the plunge and purchase a pair of colored pants, let alone even try them on. I saw that Old Navy had some red and blues ones that piqued my interest.

I guess you never know until you try.

But I worry about buying something that is SO trendy, or that I may not wear enough to justify actually spending money on it.

My sweet friend Christina (go check out her blog - she's funny and completely adorable!) however has jumped on the party pants train, and asked me to help her come up with some outfits with which she can wear her LOFT teal skinnies.

Challenge accepted, duh.

Teal Skinnies


I tried to come up with a variety of color combinations, as well as dress up, dress down and everything in between options. I could have gone on for days!

Putting this together really made me want to at least try on a pair of colored pants, and even try my hand at styling a pair IRL...on my own body. I guess they are like regular pants, just more fun.

Do you have a pair of colorful pants? If so, what color?

Photobucket

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

I've been wanting to try colorful skinnies too... but I'm scared! haha the outfits you made are cute though!!

Connie @ Rookie Foodie said...

Those are really cute! I think skinny jeans would cut off my circulation!

Shawn said...

I love the blazer with the scarf and boots, totally my favorite!

Thanks for linking up with us and for sharing these super stylish outfits!

Christina said...

you are the greatest for this! i love what you've done and hopefully i can put something similar together in real life! thank youuuu

Miss Chelsea said...

All I kept thinkin of was 'party in my pants'. I'm real mature, I know.

Impulsive Addict said...

Ok, I feel like I've been to your blog before because I love the name of it and I think I like you because I can tell you're sassy. Am I right?

Ok, so nope, I haven't been able to give in to the colored jeans/pants/party pants YET. I'm usually late on becoming fashionable. I feel like some things will come and go sooner than later and I kinda hope this is one of those things. I'm not sure I'm ready to do colored jeans again. (And don't hate me but I kinda hate skinny jeans because I have freakin' thunder thighs).

Thank you so much for linking up with us! Come back next week too!

Becca @ R We There Yet Mom? said...

I love the colorful pants - just don't know if my tree trunk legs will look good in them!! I just recently bought leggings for the first time in a long time - black and navy - way to be conservative huh??

~Becca

cal ;) said...

i love this and i love that you did it for my xtina! :)

Fashion Meets Food said...

I am loving all the brightly colored pants that are out right now! They can definitely make some fabulous outfits. xo

Style Journey said...

Found you through The Limited blogger event yesterday. Wanted to check out your blog. When I saw your colored pants trend post, I just had to comment. Go get yourself some colored pants! I have a pair of red, blue and purple, and they are more versatile than I ever thought! Cute blog too :) Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...