Tuesday, December 13, 2011

in.VEST.ment

I am a huge fan of le vest.

Not your mom's - or grandma's - sweater vest, but trendy military-style vests, puffer vests, suit vests, and my current crush, the faux fur vest. 

I think that a vest can add a little sumthin' sumthin' to any boring old top and jeans/dress pants outfit. 
Or even a dress.
I just feel so chic and put together when I throw one on. It's the perfect added touch.

Right now, I am jonesin' for a faux fur vest. 
Not because they are blowing up the fashion world {OK, maybe that's part of my motivation}, but because they are saaaweet!

Try to imagine these outfits without the faux fur vest:










Not nearly as chic or interesting, huh?
My darlings, it is amazing what a wee wittle vest can do for your outfits.
Zero to 60.

I fully intend to embrace this faux fur vest trend head on!
My tweeps told me check out Forever 21, H&M, LOFT, and Target for a faux fur vest {thanks, Katie, Alicia, Mateya and Chelsea!}, and I can barely contain my excitement.
I want to go buy one right.this.instant!
One of my besties, Jess, is even kind enough to give me her faux fur vest that she doesn't wear. 
Yahtzee!
I can't wait to get it and wear it!

I completely understand that this look isn't for everyone.
So what's your take on the faux fur vest trend? 
Will you or won't you?

Photobucket

9 comments:

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

I've been a little nervous about it, I won't lie! The pictures that you posted are making me change my mind though! I think I at least have to give it a chance.. we'll see!!

Carolyn said...

I think they look so so so so so cute on all those girls you just posted... but I feel like it might look ridiculous on me. :)

But you're going to look so HOT! LOVE :)

Dree said...

I WILL - if I can find a faux fur vest in Ireland. I was just in H&M today and no luck there. These looks are fantastic!

http://bethesong.blogspot.com

lori said...

i love a fur vest! i need to find one that isnt so bulky though... i dont need any more bulk on the top.

also, the LOFT just put a black one on clearance. saw it yesterday, so you may want to check there!

sarah said...

i love them and want one so badly! my brother says ill look like a bear wearing one but i dont care, im on the hunt!

Whitney said...

I'm loving this look!

Melanie said...

I absolutely LOVE them! However, I think I would look like a giant bear if I wore one!

Fash Boulevard said...

love it. especially the one pair with the yellow. stunning. great post, hun. if you get a sec, I'd love to hear what you think of my latest trend report. thanks, love. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

WAY cute!! What a trendy and adorable look on you :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...