Thursday, December 15, 2011

it's ok thursday

Its Ok Thursdays


Hooray, it's Thursday! 
I'm so ready for the weekend.

Shawn and I will be attending two holiday parties - Alicia's ugly Christmas sweater party tomorrow night and another party on Saturday night. Poor Shawn doesn't know anyone at these parties, but I am super happy and impressed that he is willing to go and meet everyone. He's more of a comfort, stick-to-who-you-know kinda guy, but he's coming out of his shell this weekend for me. Thanks, babe!
Today being Thursday also means that I am that {insert tiny space between thumb and index finger} much closer to my short work week next week. 
Who doesn't love that?! 
God bless the holiday season.

This week I am saying "It's OK": 

To have no food in the house {besides Oreos as Shawn pointed out last night} and zero desire to go to the grocery store.

To not have felt even half a degree of baby fever while visiting Audra and her new baby girl, Emerson Elizabeth yesterday. Though she is adorable and snuggly! {The baby, though Audra is too}.

To consider ramen noodles, Dots and a caramel-filled chocolate an acceptable lunch.

To not have adequately studied for my final this afternoon and to not even be mildly concerned. OK, maybe mildly, but unless I completely bomb this thing, I'm sitting pretty on an A in the course. High five!

To be really excited for all the after-Christmas sales, even though I don't have all of my Christmas shopping done.

To not have sent out Christmas cards.

To be really polite to the man who rearended me yesterday while sitting at a stop light. 
No damage done and everyone's fine.

To really wish I was with my sister in West Palm Beach right now
{her basketball team is playing down there over their winter break...lucky bish! And her hubby got to go for free too to do the scorebook! Did I mention they are there for five days...FREE?!}

To be OK with the fact that there is no snow on the ground and it's 57* in mid-December.

To hate white elephant games/gift exchanges.

What are you saying "It's OK" to this week?

Photobucket

5 comments:

KT said...

I'm saying OK to the fact that my knees are not letting me run as much as I want to but still keeping me going just enough to feel... ok.

Katie said...

CAN'T wait to see you tomorrow night! I've missed you! Shawn is in for a REALLLL treat ;)

Alicia Carlson said...

Joe is wayyyy friendly. Like in your face friendly, so if Shawn isn't scared Joe will be his friend. :)

daphne {flip flops and pearls} said...

Ahhhh ugly Christmas Sweater Party...I really wanted to have one of those. I must do it next year...too funny!! I can't wait to see pics/hear abt it.

Be sure to swing by and enter my Scarlet Threads Giveaway!! Hope you have a great weekend:)

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

I dislike White Elephant gifts too... I NEVER know what to get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...