Thursday, December 8, 2011

it's ok...to be thinking about new years resolutions, right?!

I just want to apologize right now because this post may be a hot mess.
I'm running on 2.5 hours of sleep.

I have my glasses on, during the day, which I rarely do because wearing them reminds me of going to bed (that's typically when I wear them). My eyes feel like they are on fire. You can tell by looking at me that today is going to be a struggle.

Quick, someone bring coffee!

Anywhoodle - let's get down to business...


Its Ok Thursdays


This week, I'm saying "It's OK":

To pretend you're still in college and stay up until 4 a.m. doing homework, then go to work the next day by 8 a.m.

To wrap toilet paper around the crotch of your undies when you realize Aunt Flow came to visit and you don't have a tampon. Don't act like you've not done this before.

To be really excited to spend some QT with my mom shopping this weekend.

To really like watching Storage Wars and Lady Hoggers on A&E. What? That's what comes on at 2 a.m. And Shawn and I actually really like Storage Wars.  Saw Lady Hoggers for the first time last night this morning. Those chicks are badass.

To not check my bank account for weeks because I'm afraid of what damage I have done.

To enjoy wrapping presents.

To start talking about New Years resolutions before Christmas (keep reading...)


Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge


Day 9: 2012 Goals/Resolutions

I like how Neely broke down her goals, so I'm following suit. 
Makes the list feel less intimidating and more attainable.

Me:
Run two half marathons - the Cap City in the spring and the Columbus one in the fall
Save enough money to put a down payment on a house this year
Eat less processed foods and eat more organic foods
Get my pre-wedding body back
Stop procrastinating
Secure a grad school practicum placement

Relationships:
Spend more time with Shawn - vacations, weekend getaways, try new activities
Call my grandparents more
Call/visit my sisters more
Continue taking trips with my girlfriends
Take my dogs on more walks and trips to the dog park

Blog:
Start taking sponsors
Hang out with the Columbus bloggers more often
Plan a big out-of-state blogger meet up

Random:
Learn meditation techniques
Go skydiving
Read at least one book a month for pleasure

I'll keep you posted on my progress!

What are your New Years resolutions?

Photobucket

14 comments:

The Bases said...

ha! Your aunt flo comment made me laugh! I do think we have all been there! Good for you for putting it out there!! Good luck with your halfs!!

Monica said...

Love it! Great goals and your Its Ok's are great!

Lourdes Echagarruga said...

I cannot stop laughing about your Aunt Flo comment :) I hate when that happens!

Love this post!

XO Lourdes

Mia Maree said...

Skydiving! I'm such a chicken I could never do it. Good for you!

Allison said...

Good luck on your races! I may run the Columbus half, I've heard its a good one :)

lori said...

hahaha! your aunt flo comment is so funny- TOTALLY been there.

good luck with your resolutions :)

Samantha said...

hi! i'm stopping by from the link up. you're so right about the Aunt Flo comment, we've ALL done it! lol.

Great resolutions!

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

I've done everything in the "It's ok" category, glad I'm not alone!! Love the resolutions. I haven't thought of mine yet. I think I might have to steal some of yours!

Shane Prather said...

Your "it's okay's" are cracking me up! And great goals for the new year!

Jenny said...

I love your resolutions, in particular: running 2 half marathons & hanging out w/ the Cbus bloggers more :)

Alana Christine said...

I've been skydiving twice--I think everyone should do it at least once in their lifetime!

http://lanchristine.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Ha totally LOLd at the toilet paper comment...almost considered that today until I found old trusty in my desk drawer (thank GOD!)

I do the same thing to my bank account-Ignorance is bliss...right?!

Oh-and my husband LOVES him some Storage Wars AND Lady Hoggers too...I'll watch Storage Wars but I hate the hog one so it usually gets vetoed real quick!

Fashion Meets Food said...

Great goals! I dont even think about resolutions after the new year begins LOL. xo

krys said...

skydiving is amaz :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...