Monday, December 12, 2011

MIMO Monday + a solicitation

Happy Monday, kiddos!

Did you have a good weekend? 
I got some Christmas shopping done and went to a family Christmas party. Other than that, pretty low key.

It's time for another episode of Make It My Own Monday with Miss Chelsea and I.

I confess that I didn't pick my outfit until Saturday morning. 
But I wanted a cozy outfit for shopping all day, so here's what I picked:

I hate wearing coats when I shop, so I wanted an outfit that would keep me warm between stores, and not too toasty indoors.
This is what I wore:



Sweater, belt: Old Navy
Jeggings: American Eagle
Boots: UrbanOG.com
Scarf: free! off the floor of a bar

I wasn't quite sure about the length of my sweater - it kinda looked like I was wearing a dress over jeans which I'm not a fan of - but I went with it. And it was pretty comfy, so overall a winner.

Did you take the MIMO challenge this week?
Link up!



Now, a solicitation from me to you.

I'm in the market for some new hair care and styling products.

Right now, my hair care routine is simply wash, blow dry, straighten, spray, repeat. Everyday.
I have yet to succumb to the only-wash-your-hair-every-other-day routine. 
My hair is a hot mess in the morning, and I feel a good washing is necessary.
My hair used to be thick, wavy and coarse when I was younger. I would cry about it all the time because I hated it so much. 
But when I grew it out (passed shoulder length) during my junior/senior years of high school, it became stick straight and thinned out a lot. I'm not complaining. But I feel like there is more that I could be doing with my hair that I'm not.

So here's what I use:

Wash (and condition): Suave Professionals shampoo and conditioner

Despite the damage I'm sure I do by blow drying and straightening my hair everyday, my hair is actually pretty soft on a regular basis.

Blow Dry: A pink ConAir or Revlon hair dryer (I can't remember which brand exactly). 
I bought it to support breast cancer research.
To me, all hair dryers are the same, but I'm sure that's not the case.
Are there any out there that help keep your hair from drying out? Since I use a hair dryer everyday, I'm sure that my hair would appreciate that.
Mine is starting to smoke a little when I'm blow drying, so I have a feeling this is going to need replaced in a hurry. I'm sure that smoke is doing wonders for my hair.
Suggestions?

Straighten: Belson Pro 2" ceramic straightener
I really love my straightener. It heats up quickly and gets really hot. I've had it for years, so it's a quality product!
But I'm in the market for a smaller straightener that will allow me to do wavy curls with it. I've purchased at least two, but neither have been what I wanted and definitely did not heat up enough to curl my hair.

What kind of straightener do you use to curl/wave your hair? 
Seems counterproductive when I type it out, but you know what I mean.

Spray: TRESemmé TRES Two Spray 4 Extra Firm Control


I love this stuff! 
It holds really well and doesn't make my hair "crunchy."
It also holds up well in humidity, which is always a must for hot and sticky summer days in Ohio. 
Not that I have to worry about that for awhile.

So here's what I need from you, purdy puuuhlease -

1. New hair dryer suggestions
2. Straighteners that get hot and work well for curling/waving hair
3. A good product that will help keep my hair moisturized but not greasy and help minimize split ends between cuts, since I do a lot of damage to my hair every day. 
4. A good comb/brush for teasing my hair for that added oomph!
5. A good, hot curling iron or curlers. I haven't used a curling iron or curlers in years, but I've been pinning a lot of hairstyles that require curls and I'm dying to try them!
6. Any other hair products I should try?

OK, I think that's enough brain overload for your Monday. My apologies, love bugs.
I appreciate all of your thoughts and suggestions! xoxo

Photobucket

13 comments:

Carolyn said...

Love the outfit! :)

I have a Chi straightener... and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It gets super hot and straightens really well. I know you can do the wavy curls with it... I'm just not that smart. HAHA

I need a new hair dryer too. Mine is starting to smell like burning when I use it... uhoh.

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

Love the comfortable shopping outfit!! That's what I did this weekend too! I'm not really the person to ask about hair care, but I really like Tresseme's heat protection spray and the off brand of the Chi straightener. It works really well!

TaraR said...

LOVE the MIMO! :)

Miss Chelsea said...

CHI is the only way to go on flat irons!

Melanie said...

Love your MiMO outfits!

Mateya said...

Love the outfit!

I have no real hair advice because I do the same as you, wash, dry, straighten, spray, every single day!

Katie said...

I'm here to help! Even though your hair is gorgey (and I can say that bc I've seen it upp close) here's what I suggest--Go to Ulta. Buy the Hot Tools hair dryer (it's around $35 to $40) and then make a pit stop in the hair care section and pick up "it's a 10" miracle product WITH Keratin. It has a blue bottle and gold top. it is $20, BUT SOOOO WORTH IT!!

it's the best product I've used on my hair (it's like a leave in conditioner you spray on your hair before you blow dry) and it will change your life. No split ends, shiny, etc. Do it. The hair dryer is GREAT for it's price..I use that type at Lifetime and it's wonderful (especially if you don't want to shell out a lot)

Also--I would suggest using a clarifying shampoo ONCE a week (use VO5 .79 cents any grocery store) it will clear any build up in your hair. Only once a week though. LAST-Use a heat protection spray or serum.

the end.
wow that was a lot

Mallory said...

I'm glad you asked about hair styling things and I'll have to stalk your answers since I'm in the market for a new blow dryer/ slimmer straightener too!

Right now I use Biolage shampoo and conditioner, but it's kind of expensive (like $20 a bottle) but I love how healthy it keeps my hair and I don't have to get it cut for at least 8 weeks!

BeckyJo606 said...

I totally agree with Katie up there in the comments. I was just going to suggest the It's a 10 spray, as well. They also make a deep conditioner, but I think the spray is easier and more convenient to use! :)

Emily said...

Definitely get a heat protecting spray and as far as the flat irons go, I suggest Sedus! You can get them on folica.com and I love mine! I went through 2 Chi irons before I fell in love with my Sedu!

I just use a regular old hair dryer so I can't give much advice there!

tara said...

i loooooove your outfit! its super cute!

Nikki said...

You must buy a Solia straightener! I LOVE mine! Way, way better than a Chi, all day long :) Check it out:
http://www.folica.com/tools/flat-irons/solia-one-and-one-quarter-inch-flat-iron-and-moisturizing-heat-protecting-boost-value-pack

Shannon said...

Your outfit is so super cute and perfect for a day of shopping. Love your blog.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...