Monday, December 5, 2011

MiMO Monday + weekend in pics + blogger meet up recap

Happy Monday, love bugs!
This weekend was the shiz/bomb.com/amazeballs!

But first things first, people. Let's see what outfit you picked from Pinterest to make your own this week!

Last week, Chelsea and I decided that it would be more fun to let you all pick your inspiration outfit from Pinterest, rather than having us pick one out, to make your own. So here was my inspiration outfit:



I must admit, I struggled with which outfit to pick as my MiMO outfit, and I finally picked this one this morning. Nothing like a little deadline pressure.

This is what I wore today:




Dress: JC Penney
Tights and jacket: Old Navy
Boots and scarf: Target

Now, link up below and show us which outfit you made your own!



If you haven't played along yet, just pick an inspiration outfit, make it your own this week, and come back on Monday to link up with Chelsea and I!

Now, let's talk about my awesome weekend, shall we?!

Saturday, Shawn and I decided {err, I guilt-tripped him} to put up our Christmas tree! 
And I got a little crafty, thanks to Pinterest.





We only got two of five stockings hung when we ran out of Command hooks. 
Yes, our pets {all three of them} have their own stockings. 


It's a very scarlet and gray Christmas at our house.

Speaking of Buckeyes...
Saturday night, Katie and I hosted the Columbus blogger meet up at Claddagh Irish Pub at Polaris.

 {Katie + I}

I had been dying to meet Katie ever since I started reading her blog about six months ago. 
She is a die-hard Buckeye fan, has the cutest hubby and puppy, and just has a sweet, caring, lovable demeanor. 
I knew she was someone that I could be friends with in real life. And voilá!

We met up about a half hour before the rest of the bloggers (about 20 of them) showed up, and we hit it off! It really felt like a blind date in a way, but she is so fun! And gorgeous! 

Speaking of blind dates, that's probably the best way to describe a blogger meet up. 
I had actually met many of the girls at a meet up last year and just from being friends in real life, so I was glad to be able to introduce them to Katie and the other girls that I didn't know.

As for the girls I didn't meet until Saturday, I have read these girls' blogs for months, chatted via email and Twitter and essential started online friendships with them, which would have been a big no-no back in the 90s, and it was so nice to finally be able to put a blog name with a face!


These women are beautiful, funny, sweet, and just all around awesome. 
We had some personal conversations that most people don't have with their real life friends, but hey, it's all good. That's the nice thing about bloggers, I feel like there is no judging. Everyone came with an open mind and ready to make new friends.

We left ready to plan our next meet up, which I am really looking forward too!

I really encourage you to reach out to other bloggers you may know in your area and plan a blogger meet up.
It's always fun to make new friends and meet these amazing women (and guys) in person, if that doesn't freak you out in a serial killer kinda way.

After the meet up, I headed downtown with Katie, Jessie, Ashley, and Alicia to meet up with some of their friends. And we had a blast to say the least!


Then, we headed to another bar to meet up with my friends to celebrate this one:

Sunday, my girlfriends got together for our annual Friend Thanksgiving. It's great to be surrounded by beautiful - inside and out - women that make you laugh til you pee, and offer an abundance of support when you need them most.

My apologies for the super long post today. 

I hope you all had a great weekend, and have a fabulous week!

Photobucket

16 comments:

Ashley said...

LOVE this post and loved meeting u!! you are just as nice in person as you are on your blog! :) lets get together again!!
xo

Christine said...

cute post! Love the "make it your own" pinterest idea. Considering all the outfits I drool over on there, maybe I should actually try to recreate one.... :)

Jessie said...

OMG, you are just the cutest! I had so much fun with you Saturday! I am so happy we finally had a chance to meet!!! I am sorry I left super early out on Saturday night, needed to get my flirt on <3 hahaha! Hope you and Katie had a blast the rest of the night! Let's get together again, soon! Have a great and happy Monday! Thanks for putting on the show Saturday night, it was fabulous!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

looks like so much fun! bummed i had to miss it. next one for sure!

Carolyn said...

Love the outfit! :) Your Christmas decorations are SO CUTE! And the blogger meetup looks like so much fun!

Ashley B. said...

Well your officially found... So great to meet you saturday!! Was so sad I had to leave sooo soon from the party!!

We definitely need to all meet up again for some drinks/night out!!!

Meg {henninglove} said...

i love your pinterest outfit, i like to do that on my blog too. i call it pinterest and inspiration = pinspiration!
what a fun blogger meet-up you got a lot of girls there!

Alicia Carlson said...

Love your decor, pinterest is my crack.
I had so much fun on Saturday!! Must do again soon... you busy this weekend ;)

KatyK said...

I had such a great time meeting everyone and seeing them IRL. Such a great group of ladies. I'm so bummed I had to dip out. Can we please do this again soon? Formally or informal :)

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

Really cute outfit, love the boots! It looks like you had a lot of fun at the meet up!!

Neely said...

I wanna come meet you girls!

Fashion Meets Food said...

What gorgeous decorations! I love your scarf as well!!! xo

Pop Champagne said...

looks like you had fun at the bar! and love your christmas decorations :D

Kelly said...

I loooooooove your colored tights!! I'm SO going to get a pair of maroon/wine colored ones like yours. Adorable outfit! And I love your decorations-- so festive :-D

Katie said...

you are so sweet! just read this :) you are loveable and caring! glad to call you a friend. let's plan the next!

Stephanie said...

gah-so jealous you met Katie!!! I ADORE her!!! Looks like y'all had SO much fun! I'm coming to Ohio sometime next year to stay with Katie and Billy so we MUST meet!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...